Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PelouseMante
Journeyman III

AMD drivers timeout

Hello everyone,

I'm coming back to you because I have a problem (see below) with timeouts on my AMD RYZEN 5 7640HS.
I have an AMD RYZEN CPU with obviously an integrated GPU, AND an Nvidia GEFORCE GTX.

When I launch games, or simply a VLC video, after a few seconds the image freezes (sometimes a black screen for a few seconds) and the error message appears.

I have the impression of having used the majority of solutions offered on the internet (regedit, DDU, Windows update, etc.). I don't know what to do ! My PC hasn't even been used for 3 months and it really annoys me that it's unusable when on top of that I have another graphics card !

Please help me

Capture d'écran 2024-01-12 153155.png

0 Likes
1 Reply
Zalugar
Adept II

You could try the specific steps in this other similar-issue thread.

Besides that, assuming it's the 2 video drivers conflicting and you only want to use your Nvidia card for graphics, you could try disabling the integrated AMD graphics in Device Manager or BIOS, removing all AMD and Nvidia video drivers via DDU, and then reinstalling Nvidia drivers. But I'd try the above thread's stuff first before disabling anything since they can be a useful troubleshooting tool.

0 Likes