Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Dexzo99
Adept I

no AMD graphic drivers

Hello guys,

i got some problems since i installed windows 11 on my computer, the follow problem is that i got seconds after starting my computer on the error message that i dont have a AMD graphic driver or the drivers are not installed rightful. At first im using a AMD Ryzen 5 3500x ( 6 core ) CPU and my actually graphic is a nvidea geforce RTX 2060. 

Dexzo99_2-1679996300315.png

0 Likes
6 Replies
vishvajit
Adept III

Based on the information provided, it is possible that there is a conflict between the AMD graphics driver and your Nvidia graphics card. To resolve this issue, you may need to uninstall any AMD graphics drivers that may be installed on your system, and then reinstall the Nvidia graphics driver.

You can  try updating your Nvidia graphics driver to the latest version available, as this may help to resolve any compatibility issues that may be causing the error message to appear.

If you continue to experience issues, you may want to seek further assistance from a computer technician

0 Likes
Dexzo99
Adept I

i did this before and still have the same problem, i refreshed all drivers

0 Likes
cwiggles
Elite

HI,

I would use DDU to uninstall any AMD and NVidia graphic drivers and then reboot to make sure that message doesn't appear again. if it doesn't then just install your NVidia gfx drivers.  Just make sure to run DDU in windows SAFE mode for best results.  You can download DDU from

https://www.guru3d.com/files-tags/download-ddu.html

If the message still appears after using DDU to uninstall the AMD gfx drivers then

If that doesn't solve the issue then I would 

1. Download the latest AMD Chipset drivers for your motherboard from here

AMD Drivers and Support | AMD

You'll need to refer to your motherboards manual to determine which AMD chipset your motherboard uses. and then download the appropriate driver package. 

2. Now  run DDU again to remove ALL AMD drivers and reboot. Assuming the AMD driver message does not re-appear, install the AMD Chipset drivers you just downloaded and reboot your PC.  Hopefully the message won't reappear, and you'll have a working system.  

DO NOT install AMD Catalyst / Adrenalin drivers, these are ONLY needed if you use a AMD Graphics card. 

Craig

thank you a lot, i gonna try all the steps

0 Likes
joshuvaBernard
Journeyman III

I had the same problem, my specs are AMD Ryzen 5 5600x and GeForce GTX 1650. I tried many solutions and tried uninstalling my display drivers but I still got the same pop-up every time I start my computer.

One way I solved this is,

Use AMD cleanup utility 

step 1 - Enter your computer to safe mode, or the clean-up utility will identify if you're in safe mode, and if not it will go to safe mode on its own, and restarts your computer.

step 2 - follow the instructions given in the clean-up utility documentation 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 

step 3 - Once its over install the appropriate nvidea graphics driver from https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx 

step 4 - Restart your computer

This solved the error in my computer.

Josh

THIS WORKED GREAT, THANKS!!!!

AMD FX-6300 six core

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

I had been getting this error message for a long time and my desktop would lock up randomly. when i finally looked up this error message i found this post and ran the recommended "AMD Cleanup Utility". That did it! didnt even have to install any graphics drivers. PC booted up with not error message and hasn't locked up since, been about 2.5 days.

AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

0 Likes