Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Radiogaga
Journeyman III

Processor question

Hi

Can anyone help please. I would like to upgrade my processor I am not very techy and there are loads of them to choose from, here is a screen shot of my pc. I would like the best processor for the mother board I know it's an old board but there is nothing wrong with it would just like the best processor for it, the board has the latest bios.

Thank you.

Speccy Screen shotSpeccy Screen shot

5 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Have a look here: CPU-Upgrade: AMD Athlon X4 750K CPU

At the bottom of the page, you will see CPU's that will fit your socket..

Check the motherboard manufactures website for any bios updates: ASRock > FM2A75M Pro4+

You won't get a huge boost from the available CPU's though..

It's old, you may find one on EBAY: AMD A10-Series A10-5800k 3.8GHz 4 CORE 4M Socket FM2 CPU Processor | eBay

One on Ebay UK for £27.99

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

That system isn't worth updating with just a slightly better CPU in my opinion.  It has just 8 GB of DDR3 RAM and you would be much better off with a newer Ryzen CPU (at least the 2000 series) / motherboard / RAM combo.  

I'd sure like to know how you got Windows 11 to run with that CPU and motherboard.  I'm stuck with Windows 10 on several of my LAN computers due to the security requirements (secure boot, etc.) of Windows 11.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I am not seeing anything that tells me what CPU, GPU, motherboard, RAM or anything at all about your current setup.  It appears to be Windows 11 or is that some app mimicking a Windows 11 OS.  One post indicates that it is an older Athlon CPU and I wasn't aware that the older motherboards of that GEN CPU supported TPM, an essential requirement for Windows 11 installation.  I just repaired an Intel I3 that was lacking the TPM, there were 2 requirements it didn't meet, don't remember the second one. 

I would definitely agree with BigAL01.

Spend the money on a new Ryzen 5 CPU + motherboard combo + RAM. Newegg has a Ryzen 5 5600X (6 core, 12 thread) + ASUS Prime x570 motherboard for $345.  Another $60 for G.SKILL 16GB  3600 RAM.  This is an economic system with tons of upgrade capabilities, such as GEN 4 M.2 2280 NVMe, Wi-Fi 6 ax200, and just about anything you want to run with this setup.

Again though, without knowing what socket motherboard you have and would like to keep, there is no way anyone can make a recommendation.  Need to also know your power supply.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

Sorry about my earlier post.  I didn't look at your screen print first.

Please forgive me.  

First of all the FM2 socket will support Athlon and Phenom CPU's.  I could not find any NEW ones and used ones were anywhere from $20 - $80, no warranty AS IS.  

Your 750K was a near top of the line CPU and your not going to gain anything that would be noticeable with the naked eye.  I can understand that if you can't afford what I posted the first time, perhaps put some money aside each paycheck for an upgrade if you actually need it.  Computers are an expensive hobby and they become obsolete so fast.  I can't tell you how much I have spent on this love for computers over the past 45-50 years, a guesstimate would be somewhere around $40K to 45K or perhaps more.  My wife and I have 7 computers, 4 desktops, 3 laptops.  My wife also has 3 embroidery machines, the oldest was $5K and the latest one $14K.  These machines are all networked, each has one of these computers, with the exception of the newest, which has the computer built into it.  

Your a newcomer, so now you can get a picture of what computer addiction can cost.

I hope I've been a help, and thanks for listening to me ramble on.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
Radiogaga
Journeyman III

Thank you for the replies.

0 Likes