Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mperu99
Journeyman III

Threadripper 3960x micro stutter

New setup, OS installed 3 times.
I am getting micro stutters on video play back, like watching a simple YouTube video, I don't play games on this system, 

I believe this is a TPM issue that AMD has recognized on Ryzen, is AMD aware that its not just Ryzen processors affected?

I do not want to disable TPM , as many have claimed non bootable system afterwords.

0 Likes
3 Replies
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

I've seen a lot of videos and articles claiming that if you disable fTPM in your MOBO BIOS it solves most high end AMD CPU and GPU performance issues.

My CPU is Ryzen 7 2700x and GPU is Power Color Demon RX 6900 XT.

I'm thinking about disabling fTPM and testing the results but I'm going to research this claim more thoroughly first. Don't want to open my PC to security risks due to unproven misguided or malicious claims.  

I have installed that latest patch but still get micro stutters

I dont want to disable Tpfm and then not be able to boot. 

Hello,

are there any updates on this matter? I use the Threadripper 3970x and experience the same terrible occasional stutters with fTPM enabled. 

The fix for it was already deployed for Ryzen CPUs but not a single word on Threadripper, which are also affected (?)

For the price of the CPU I would expect being able to use fTPM without relying on an external TPM module.