Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

erhanercan
Adept I

Advanced Micro Devices 31.0.12018.5 and Radeon Software Problem

capture_20221110213835055.bmp

capture_20221110214801111.bmp

Today, with the driver update from Windows 11, Amd Radeon Software program does not open. I reset the program, deleted it, reinstalled it, it won't open. Probably the Program is incompatible with the new version of the new driver. Does it create a problem? Do you have any suggestions? Thank you. 

Huawei Matebook D15 Ryzen 5500U 8gb / 512 SSD

0 Likes
1 Solution
erhanercan
Adept I

Now fixed by windows update !

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - SoftwareComponent - 31.2220.0.0

Now Radeon Software is working again

View solution in original post

11 Replies
wwwwawannnn
Adept II

recent wddm 3.1 driver from Windows Update compatible with Latest Radeon Software from Windows Store https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NZ1BJQN6BHL so you wont have to install Radeon Software from AMD website

0 Likes

That failed. Impossible for me to download the driver/Adrenalin via Microsoft Store .... getting an error message.

wwwwawannnn
Adept II

If you doesnt want wddm 3.1 driver to be installed from Windows Update, cause you already installed wddm 3.0 driver from older Radeon Software, try search google how to disable  Windows Update to update driver.

0 Likes

How to stop updates for drivers with Windows Update

Lots of people don't like the idea of 'stopping/delaying' Windows updates. I won't get in to that. Here is a way to prevent Windows Update installing any drivers. This does not effect the security, quality,  patch, or any other type update...they are presented as normal.

In short...you don't have to worry about WU installing (changing) AMD graphics drivers.

This is done through group policy:

Type gpedit in the search bar...follow > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update

kingfish_0-1668284828385.png

On the right side scroll to Do not include drivers with Windows Update policy and double click it. Select the ENABLED option.

kingfish_1-1668284828206.png

Click 'Apply' then OK.

Reboot your computer.

0 Likes

Issue is in my configuration, only Windows Driver works, not the Adrenalin from  AMD site.

hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Roll the driver back in device manager and if it happens again disable driver updates using GPE.

Hi !

i followed the procedure on how to disable WU for AMD drivers.

And it finally worked for my special setp up using a Pocket PC via a  Thunderbolt PCIE device !

I managed to install the "pro" driver and Adrenalin.

Will try later with the latest drivers.

Super Happy !

Thanks

erhanercan
Adept I

There is a Amd's note;

AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.

If you experience issues using the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.

Why is Windows messing with the driver part?

0 Likes

Maybe Microsoft is asking for AMD"s payments to validate and provide the Radeon drivers from automatic WU ?

Since AMD is updating its drivers monthly, at the end it would be lot of $ to give to Microsoft each year.

Just my assumption

erhanercan
Adept I

Now fixed by windows update !

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - SoftwareComponent - 31.2220.0.0

Now Radeon Software is working again