cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

justtime555
Adept I

6700 XT crashed, black screen then restart.

When I first got the card like a month ago, everything worked just fine, but recently, crashed in every game, it just black screen and auto restart my PC, no error message whatsoever, I tried reinstalling the driver, DDU in safe mode, used older driver and stuff, the problem is not yet fixed, man, is amd gpu just as garbage as they say? this is so frustrating, it's probably will be my first and last amd gpu, so very dissapointing

spec
win 10
5600x
6700xt
ram 32
psu 850+

0 Likes
5 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

What motherboard? is the BIOS up to date?

What 850wtt PSU? Are you running separate power cables from the PSU to each power input on GPU?

Do you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com?

What speed is your 32GB of RAM running at? Are you running 2 or 4 sticks?

How is your airflow in your case? How are your CPU/GPU temps?

Is your Windows install up to date?

I run the 6700XT in daughters rig and it was previously in my rig .. great 1440p card

I was running the RX 6800 before upgrading to the 7900XT .. both great cards

My wife runs the 5700XT of which I used to run a different one in my rig ... great card 

Wife is going to get the 6700XT, and daughter is going to get the RX 6800

They run AM4 setups .. I was running AM4 but just made the jump to AM5 .. we all run Windows 11 though

Doesn't matter if you run Intel or AMD .. or AMD or Nvidia GPU's .. asking or stating that one camp or the other is garbage is unnecessary ... just state your problem with as much specific info as you can and we'll try to help you get it sorted out

Have you looked at your systems Event Viewer to see if any relevant errors where logged when you crash?

Once you answer and/or do listed questions above .. we can get a good base to start from

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

mb is b450 prime.
PSU is 850+ gold and I use 2 cables for the gpu.
ram bus is 3200, 2 sticks. gpu temp don't go beyond 75, cpu at full load is 80-85. windows is up to date.
the error I've found in event viewer is karnel 41 and 6008, so I did a sfc scan, chkdsk, and ran a test on PSU with OCCT for an hour, no problem found.
I also did a stressed test on gpu using 3Dmark, also no problem, my pc did not restart during any test process I did.

0 Likes

So an ASUS motherboard? Is your BIOS up to date?

Make/Model of power supply? 

What speed is your RAM actually running at? (Task Manager>Performance>Memory)

First impression due to system just shutting down when under certain types of loads with no error codes is a PSU problem. Knowing your exact make/model power supply ..and age .. might shed some light on your issue

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

my bios/windows is up to date, my ram speed is 3200, my psu is msi mpg A850GF,
but you know what? nevermind that, I changed to my old nvidia card and never had a problem after that, you did not have problem with amd card, good for you, but for me, I guess I'm changing card and hope someone will take this garbage of off my hand at half a price or stick with it a lil longer and see what happens after I try to do a clean re-install the windows, anyway, thanks for your effort of trying to help.

0 Likes

I'll take that hot piece of garbage off your hands

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes