Adept III

Re: 5700XT just not stable?

AMD driver wersion?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

20.4.2.  I haven't moved to the September driver yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Based on these forum the latest driver seems to be fixing a lot for users so I might be worth moving to that driver soon. Sounding like RDNA2 may actually have a pretty good driver to start out with. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

So, after using the latest driver version for some time, I must say that stability went from COMPLETELY UNSTABLE with the previous two versions to about 98% stable now.  I still get the occasional crash in Project Cars 3.

But Wattman seems like complete cow dung.  It randomly changes my voltage settings.  Sometimes you make a change and apply it, and it completely ignores the changes and leaves it as is.  What is up with this Wattman POS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I can't use the current interface it is IMHO garbage. In fact on my RX580 I can't even get the 2020 drivers to load. I have several cards that are still supported but can't use the current drivers unless you load the driver only from device manager as the AMD installer does not allow this. Then you can either still use the 2019 interface if you had it install or just clean install the AMD driver only through device manager and control it with 3rd party softare such as Afterburner which seems to work much better. Just don't I stall the Adrenaline software and Afterburner as that just adds to the instability nightmare. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello 

a few days ago i bought a brand pc and i didnt realize psu or power supply is too important

after alot searching i got your point

I have a evga 600w plus 80 white and every time i wanted to run a game it crashed

i did all thing over the web such as update windows bios vbios adrenilen but didnt work until i saw your post

yes i agree with you cause of psu i wanst able to run

but what is solution 

one get 700w power supply plus 80 silver toward

or just game simply under clock you gpu 1905 and increase voltage 1107

i dont know how voltage u need but u can find best voltage after a few time test

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that and am now just running bare 20.9.2 drivers with MSI afterburner.

Unfortunately, it did not make much difference.  The last version of the driver was a HUGE improvement in stability, but most games still crash every 1-3 hours or so.  Oddly, games rarely crash during the game.  It's usually in the menus or during some transition.  Sometimes the game will crash and eventually shut down, sometimes the system freezes, and sometimes the system reboots.

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry that sucks. I have recently seen in a couple tech videos that Navi was released in fact with hardware issues. While the AMD employee was not named that confirmed this the interviews were with an anonymous AMD employee. 

I have thought this from the start but and it sure makes sense as to why there is such extremely large amount of issues with these Navi cards.

On the good news side this AMD person did say that the problem is fixed in RDNA2. Let's hope so. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

pokester what you said doesn't make any sense i still believe it is driver issues since my GPU under heavyload can reach 144hz easily without Crashes on the other hand my GPU can't Work at 144hz With Some Desktop apps.

0 Kudos