cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

We detected a driver timeout has occurred on your system (RX 5700 XT)

Almost a year ago he opened a similar post. Unfortunately I keep crashing with a black screen and then always, always this message (We detected a driver timeout has occurred on your system).

CPU, GPU and RAM are all with stock settings, the only parameter i have changed now is the fan speed.
The temperatures are stable and never exceed 70 ° / 75 °. I don't have any other special software running in the background when I play.
I set the profile on the video card to quiet in order to consume even less Watts in case it was a too weak PSU problem (but I don't think so). But with any video card profile it crashes.

Drivers are the latest recommended.
I almost only play Sea of ​​Thieves and have these crashes almost daily at least 1 or 2 times per session! I am really tired and at this point I don't know what to do, can I think it is just a driver problem? But doesn't this seem absolutely normal to me? I ask other users of RX 5700 do you have the same problem? Or should I do RMA?

0 Likes
6 Replies

My PC Setting:

RX 5700 XT Sapphire Nitro+

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (Stock)

AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S

Crucial Ballistix DDR4 8x2 3000 MHz

Samsung 970 EVO 120 GB

4 TB HDD Seagate barracuda

CORSAIR TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE

Cooler master masterbox td500 mesh

0 Likes
MisterE
Adept II

Hi,

I came across this issue (once so far) playing World of Warcraft. I submitted the error report when prompted.

Rebooted the computer and haven't seen it since.

I have the ASUS ROG Strix 5700XT variant of the card. I've had my set up for a year and a half. Never came across the issue before.

Temps are close to the same as yours, not getting warmed more than 71 degrees Celsius.

0 Likes

Hi, may i ask what kind of power supply do you have please?

0 Likes

Hi,

It's a Corsair HX750.

Other hardware details:

Ryzen 3900X | NZXT x62 liquid cooler | 4  x 8GB RAM modules GSkill 

I run games at 2560x1440 resolution.

0 Likes

I can make a driver timeout occur fairly regularly by connecting my 5700 XT up to an AV receiver.

When that occurs, the AMD High Definition Audio Device just vanishes from the system and any connected audio endpoints, for example monitors, also go with it.

0 Likes

It keeps happening to me only in game, often even more than once per session, i tried with recommended drivers (older and also with the latest ones), to make clean driver installations with DDU, with AMD software, i tried to undervolt, lock the frame rate to 60 FPS, i also tried to verify that it was not a RAM problem with MEMTEST and the RAM is fine. I keep crashing with the same kind of message. 

I see dozens and dozens of people on other sites like reddit with this problem and i can't figure out if it's a driver problem, hardware itself or maybe my power supply but this is frustrating to play.

0 Likes