cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

ApolloSun
Journeyman III

7900xtx issues

Ok, I need help. 7900xtx either freezes or crashes to black screen constantly.

Ok, so first here's the build.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk

GPU: AMD 7900XTX

RAM: 48 GB DDR 4

PSU: Be Quiet 1200w

Storage: 2 m.2 sticks on the mobo

Drivers are all updated to the latest edition

Now the problem. I can't use it reliably for more than 20 minutes. I switch between 3 curved monitors via display port connects and a 85" Samsung TV via HDMI. With either connected I have issues. Sometimes it'll start up and display NOTHING. Sometimes I get my desktop, but only for a few minutes then it'll freeze up. Sometimes it freezes up and resets after 10 minutes, sometimes not.

I hate an inconsistent problem because it's so hard to diagnose!

Currently, I'm using chrome to do my expenses for work and now I can use the browser and everything else, but no desktop. It's just black.

I really don't want to have to RMA the card, as it seems to be working in between, but I don't know what else to do. It's a new build that I've been using for a month or so now and sometimes it's fine and I can game and work all day. Sometimes, it just fails.

SEND HELP! lol

0 Likes
2 Replies
Yekul
Adept I

Hello, same GPU, in 2023 it worked perfectly, but now...

Use driver 23.12.1, it is the one I am using and I barely have any problems with the GPU, any 2024 driver comes with problems for 7900XTX owners.

Yekul_0-1719529365076.png

EDIT: Also if you can, just refund it and pick something else, like a 'green' card.

0 Likes
Bufujoe
Journeyman III

@ApolloSun Same Problem for me. I found out, that AMD Freesync causes the problem. But i don´t know why. Have you tried to disable freesynyc on your monitor/tv?

0 Likes