Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

gen242
Adept II

Launch of 6700XT sold out in seconds

Jump to solution

Very disappointed, but not surprised. Impossible to buy a new graphics card for a decent price. In 4 minutes it appears the 6700XT cards were sold out. I hope they were for home builds and not scalpers.

spent 20 minutes trying to get through the check out to eventually fail. I reckon the sales server was a gen. 1 Celeron 🙂

maybe next time. Maybe get a Mac (cost less than a graphics card) hoho

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gen242
Adept II

Re: Launch of 6700XT sold out in seconds

Jump to solution

CD722715-DC1E-4868-8DD2-3B76E9185516.pngAlready available on eBay 999€!!!!

View solution in original post

56 Replies
bicks420
Adept I

Jump to solution

Same here, woke up at 6:40 am, checked the site every 5-10 min since. Got a lot of 503 errors, followed by a period of not being able to add to cart, followed by them being sold out. I am absolutely pissed. They promised greater availability on this one, and apparently failed to put any purchase limit or anything that would keep data miners and price gougers from snagging all of them.

Moeman1
Adept I

Jump to solution

Moeman1
Adept I

Jump to solution

Pretty sure most of them went to scalpers!!! I was able to add a card to the cart, paid through paypal, but after that got an Error 503 and then access denied!!! 

Scorupo
Adept I

Jump to solution

Samen here man. Was Anke tot het to my paypal account nut when checking out, don't accept. Bots where stopping Evert attempt tot buy one.

bicks420
Adept I

Jump to solution

Disappointing is not the word I would choose. I am actually pissed off on this one.

First they promised greater availability so that wouldn't happen. That plan clearly failed.

Second, I woke up at 6:40 am, (8:40 eastern), been checking the site every couple minutes since, got a lot of 503 errors leading up around the 7am mark (8 for site) and even when I got a small window of it showing on direct buy, it WOULD NOT ADD TO CART. This was then followed by it being out of stock.

So apparently, the site didn't work properly for some of us who should have got one, there were no safeguards or purchase limits to keep data miners and price gougers from getting them all in the first few minutes, and so much for that promise of greater availability so that would not happen. Once again, gamers are left in the cold, when it comes to getting an affordable graphics card.

DoK2
Adept I

Jump to solution

I got to the point where I had to release the transaction with the push notification.
Which I then did successfully.
After that it couldn't go any further.
I would like my graphics card, please. Many Thanks.

Scorupo
Adept I

Jump to solution

Samen issue here man. Thought AMD was Blocking those scalpers nut deels they win again.

Scorupo
Adept I

Jump to solution

Samen issue here man. Thought AMD was Blocking those scalpers but seems those pesky rats win again.

gen242
Adept II

Jump to solution

I got 1 in the cart in the first 2 minutes but never managed to complete payment. Now showing as banned form the server ! Oups!!