Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

pwwalker
Adept I

Re: Launch of 6700XT sold out in seconds

Jump to solution

If I had to ask only one question to an AMD exec right now it would be: how many cards did you actually have?

It would appear the answer is: not that many, which is why we won't report it.  If AMD could push more cards, they would have.  They are a profit-seeking organization and likely hamstrung by supply and logistics issues.

My problem is that over on reddit people have screenshots of people clearly buying them 5 at a time and then instantly reselling them at double the MSRP.

Heinzi
Adept I

Jump to solution

Dont think only a second Miss Lisa Sue or another exec will read one of this posts here and answer it.

They do the same procedure as every year!

(sorry for this german insider).

They will only look email from money spending investors and wallstreet and talk a little bit in talk shows solving problems with there partners trying to fix them next launch.

So is no time for solving real problems yet or for anything else 😄

acguarnica
Adept I

Jump to solution

it was, yet again...Scalpers.  And don't you be fooled, AMD is in bed with it.  They've got prices soaring right now and all because they refuse to do anything about the insanity. 

BadEnuff
Adept I

Jump to solution

**bleep** Brother, I am Feeling that too. And I don't even own stock!! I am doing this on a BRAND new build ryzen5 5600+  and a 2005 model Nvidia GeForce 7800GT with 256 Mb of Ram! My newer card a 2016 EVGA 260 gtx Kinda went wonky with funny yellow lines all over the screen and I need to RMA it... Way back then they had a LIFETIME Warranty! That was when they build this stuff to last! Pretty Disgusted right now! I have had this running for 3 weeks now Waiting and Waiting for the release of the 6700X or ANYTHING else to be in stock under $1000! All I can do is play stupid games like Solitair, Black jack and sniper fury! my video card won't run anything else!! 

Tags (3)
BadEnuff
Adept I

Jump to solution

LMAO, I wouldn't even P*** on them right now! guess I will have to go with a cheaper NVIDIA!!! Not COOL AMD NOT COOL at all!! Grrr.. I already waited OVER 3 weeks in hopes they had enough to last more than 1 Min!

0 Kudos
apc900
Adept II

Jump to solution

Christ!....are those prices in that image right?

Who in their right mind is paying that...for this card?

Heinzi
Adept I

Jump to solution

Under 1000$ it was directly here from AMD for 4 minutes it was a good price, ok for me and the money i saved for. Best retailer was 680€ in Germany but sold out in a few minutes. Checked shop sites in the Netherlands and booooooom its the same with scalpers at ebay 1099€ up to 1249€ amd partner cards.

https://www.megekko.nl/Computer/Componenten/Videokaarten/AMD-Videokaarten?f=f_429-171065_vrrd-0_s-po...

by writing messages here i have seen 5600X was in stock, for amd prize, but i didnt bought, for what i should it buy its useless with a lame graphic card waitin next two years to get a new one? Next two month i will kickout X570 and give it to my nephew.  Its better to spend my money at the blue ones (Intel outside). There i will get the hardware i dropped in the shopping basket, without any problems. Im tired empty promises from AMD. Are all just empty phrases goin on here since years and nothing will ever change.

bicks420
Adept I

Jump to solution

Heinzi, that actually may not be the worst plan. I saw an article today while looking for any reasonably priced Radeon in stock (no luck there), mentioning an announcement from Intel due for March 26, and there have been rumors of them making a new card that unlike that previous one they made, should be more geared towards gamers. While I don't plan on getting one myself, nor have any stock with Intel, I do wish them success if for no other reason to push down some of the ridiculous secondhand AMD pricing (AMD is fine on that itself, its just how they are managing the supply that is frustrating most of us who can't get a **bleep** card for less that 200% MSRP from any secondhand retailer). If they have develop a truly competitive card (both price and performance), and manage a successful and orderly rollout, I see the ever so slight potential for even myself to paint myself like a celt and go team blue.

TassinR
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

You're pissed?  I got one in the shopping cart at AMD.com, entered my payment info hit next and nothing happened, I was stuck on the payment page. SO I went back to the AMD home page click my shopping cart and got a YOU'VE BEEN BANNED FROM THE SERVER ERROR 

0 Kudos
TassinR
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

You're MAD?  I got one in the shopping cart at AMD.com, entered my payment info hit next and nothing happened, I was stuck on the payment page. SO I went back to the AMD home page click my shopping cart and got a YOU'VE BEEN BANNED FROM THE SERVER ERROR 

0 Kudos