Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

joshpropper
Journeyman III

Re: Launch of 6700XT sold out in seconds

Jump to solution

Very disappointed as well, similar situation in woke up early and refreshed page often and wasn't able to even add one to my cart let alone complete a purchase. Looks like I will be using NVIDIA for the next build. Definitely will not be buying any other AMD components (eg CPU) for it either.

bicks420
Adept I

Jump to solution

It just so ridiculous that this happens, when I can think of multiple ways to mitigate this from happening off the top of my head.

First is to do a pre purchase set up for a week or two leading up, allowing the company to vet and eliminate scalper purchases, by double checking shipping addresses and account information. Basically a simply longer timeframe to weed out the problem.

Second, is to do multiple release batches. Whether than one announced date of release and a single release window that favors the bots, do that announced release, followed by an unannounced second and third batch 12 to 24 hours later. This way, even if the scalpers and data miners get ALL the initial batch, further cards become available for those seriously needing them, while the scalpers that got the first batch are trying to sell off that batch for their ill gotten gains.

While neither of these would entirely weed out the problem, either would give greater chance to ordinary consumers to actually get the card. A wise company would do both, as well as additional anti bot and purchase limit protections, that is if they cared about some of us gamers actually needing the card.

Brandonb
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yes I sat here for 2 and a half hjours atempting to att to cart and add to cart buy add to cart buy and nothing what ended up happening is now i can accses there fuking WEB SIT... This is a Load of BS ya I agree FALSE ADVERTISING ALL AROUNDD.....

AND THIS RIGHT HERE IS COMPLETLY BS TOO... Bother my Chrome, and my microsoft edge cant accses there stupid website cus of this BS RIGHT HERE....
https://prnt.sc/10p5fun

joshpropper
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Very disappointed as well. Woke up early and tried refreshing page multiple times. Wasn't even able to get one into the cart let alone purchase one. I will be using NVIDA for the future build and certainly not and other AMD components (eg CPU) because of this experience.

AMD's CEO even said this shortage was good for them: 

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/03/15/amd-ceo-gives-update-on-xilinx-acquisition-and-talks-chip-shor...

Brandonb
Adept I

Jump to solution

Here is what im talking about I have to take different routs or other ways jsut t oget on there page... GUAHAHAH AFUGHUIOSBLDHDFJBSEDHJIb

https://prnt.sc/10p5njd

DoK2
Adept I

Jump to solution

Shame on AMD... Ban the bots, not the humans!

ShaydedReD
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I tried to post asking about more drops today and my topic is nowhere to be seen.  Will this post? I've been Team red for over a decade but i'm losing faith

tomatosan
Journeyman III

Re: I may have got one

Jump to solution

Well I fought through the 503s and got and order # and there is a hold on my card for the amount the card cost.  However, I have not received an order confirmation in my email.  So not convinced I got one yet.

bicks420
Adept I

Jump to solution

I will keep checking in case of them dropping additional batches, but I am not going to be holding my breath.

I mean, we haven't seen that with other cards that I know of. We all have plenty of reasons to be upset. Some of us got up way earlier than usual for this, only to meet site issues and to instantly see them sell out and go on Ebay for 200% pricing. Some of us stayed up all night, and even some of us own stock with AMD and still couldn't get a **bleep** card.

Hell, had I been able to get a 6700, it would have been over half paid for just from today's stock gains on it alone, and I still could not get a **bleep** card. It makes me even more upset, to know I am benefitting from my own misery.

hghtms
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

**bleep**. Lisa Su's comments in that video show that she just cares about the bottom line, which is typical of a CEO, but completely unacceptable in this specific instance. Surely, she knows that the PC gaming community overall is very unhappy with their experiences in trying to acquire literally ANYTHING in the last year or more. By her ignoring it, it shows a few things:

First, by not addressing this issue in any way from the level of CEO, she is showing that she either is unaware of said issue or she simply doesn't care that the majority of would-be customers are (at this point, especially) disgusted and very, very annoyed with her company. If somehow (yeah, right) she is unaware of the whole GPU drama, then she shouldn't be working for AMD, let alone be the head of the company. Let's be real, though. She knows **bleep** well what the general community mood is right now.

It also shows the worst possible as far as the company's perceived customer appreciation. If the CEO doesn't care, then there's no one above them to make them start. What makes this painful is the fact that (and this is 100% true) the CEO of Nvidia is her uncle. Hollywood couldn't write bull**bleep** any better, I swear.

From a money perspective, they will sell out of GPUs whether scalpers and their bots get them or actual gamers who truly want to just upgrade their rig, so it comes down to a matter of integrity, which seems to be hard to find these days. It would be nice if they could take come of that money she brags about from their profits to put in place some strategies to help protect their inventory from selling out in less than 2 minutes every single time because cucks want to resell their products for 3x what they sold it for. 

I know one thing, for sure. If I were near AMD's or Nvidia's offices, and they happened to be on fire, I wouldn't even spit to help put the fire out.