Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

bicks420
Adept I

Re: Launch of 6700XT sold out in seconds

Jump to solution

Honestly, this **bleep** is why they need to to a whole week of pre purchase set up prior to a card release. Give a period to weed out the clear data miners and price scalpers, ensure that only one card goes to any location before sending 20 or more to same address, and make sure that every actual gamer intending to use said card is able to get one. As long as you do sudden release on cards, and don't put a one per customer purchase limit (including looking out for those trying to bypass limit), this **bleep** will continue to happen.

max1803
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I try too, but the check in button don't work, amd site is trash, just for bot... none user buy a single card...

5rugrats
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Same boat here. Got up 10 to six checking availability every few seconds. Running an older fury card and actually need this upgrade but can't afford the insane prices resellers are asking. Maybe time to find a new hobby.

gen242
Adept II

Jump to solution

CD722715-DC1E-4868-8DD2-3B76E9185516.pngAlready available on eBay 999€!!!!

View solution in original post

bicks420
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yeah, that is disgusting. Graphic card scalpers need to be treated like ticket scalpers. In other words that **bleep** should be illegal, and personally I say **bleep** it, fine Ebay and anyone who promotes the practice as well.

DoK2
Adept I

Jump to solution

It just can't be true that they can't get this under control.
**bleep** scalpers! This is really a bad joke!

Phoenix_Light
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

All I wanted was 2 cards. One for each of my kids because there graphics cards are somewhere between 5 to 10 years old. This seriously pi***s me off. Greater availability my a**. You would think they would put safeguards in place to avoid selling out in seconds. Can't they make graphics cards that you can't mine with? Maybe that would deter some of the scalpers. Now I have to look elsewhere and pay twice as much for cards that aren't half as good.

bicks420
Adept I

Jump to solution

I feel your pain, woke up 20 til 7, and had an old R9 280x burn out on me 2 weeks ago. This has been a long fortnight of waiting, for a completely devastating result.

5rugrats
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Woke up at 10 to six checking availability every few seconds for fifteen minutes. Running an old fury card and actually need this upgrade but not at resellers price. Too bad there are so many greedy people and no corporate oversight on their own product so this doesn't happen. Seriously disappointed in AMD and the tech companies as a whole. Probably time to find a new "hobby".

CandyBag
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Why launching it as you know It won't be for gamers. Shame on you AMD.

It is useless for us as we only car see your product on a screen ! What's the use for US ? NOTHING !

I've got a VR headseat and looked forward to use it decently (90 hz.... 90 average FPS) but I don't as YOU DID NOT SELL ANYTHING - 4 minutes... a joke. That's sound like false advertising.

I don't care you sell your cards to miners, I just want to be able to play new games. Maybe that's time for me to buy a PS5 or an XBOX.

As I red many comments about this since last summer, I can surely say that you don't care about PC gamers anymore !