cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

gibenori
Journeyman III

How can I improve the performance on my Legion Pro 5 Gen 8 AMD RTX 4050?

I just got this new pc and it seems to download things very slowly. If there is anything I can do or get to improve performance a bit that would be good. (I am not good with computers so forgive me if I wrote anything dumb).

0 Likes
2 Replies

Lenovo has a support forum/community, you should be asking there.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Albrecht-CARL
Journeyman III

To improve your Legion Pro 5 Gen 8 AMD RTX 4050's performance and download speeds, ensure you have a stable internet connection and use an Ethernet cable if possible. Update drivers from the Lenovo support website and NVIDIA for your GPU. Optimize download settings in apps and browsers, and manage background processes via Task Manager by closing unnecessary applications and disabling startup programs.

Run a full system scan with antivirus software to check for malware. Free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files and using Disk Cleanup. Set your power options to “High performance” in Control Panel and ensure your Windows OS is up to date. If issues persist, seek help from a tech-savvy friend or professional.

0 Likes