Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

GooseyGoose
Journeyman III

USB disconnects and reconnects/ Ryzen 5 5600x/ B550

Hey, you all!

I'm new here and need help with a USB issue that's been happening for over a month. The issue is that all my rear USB ports will randomly disconnect and then reconnect quickly, causing my devices to stop working momentarily. My mouse will turn off its RGB and stop working for a second before turning back on, and my keyboard still has its RGB on but would also stop responding to my inputs before turning working again. I only have 3 devices connected in the rear USB ports and I have tried moving them around to different ports but the issue still happens. I have also noticed moving my mouse would sometimes cause the issue to happen again, and I even tried it on another mouse with the same results. So far I've tried many fixes and even RMA'd my motherboard with no success so I will be listing the fixes I've tried here:

- reinstalled all USB drivers

- disabled USB power saving for all USB controllers in the device manager

- installed latest BIOS and chipset drivers

- updated windows

- RMA'd motherboard (it was working fine)

- tested PSU (paperclip and multimeter test came out fine)

- reseated and dusted my RAM

- reapplied thermal paste

- checked that all cables were properly seated

Brothers, I feel as if I have tried everything so I'm hoping someone has had success with this problem before. I will also be listing my system specs below for further reference.  

PC Specs and Info:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B500M Aorus PRO-P (rev 1.0) UEFI: F18
  • GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX6600 8GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32GB (2x16) CL18
  • PSU: Corsair CX650M
  • OS: Windows 11 Pro, x64, Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631and latest updates
  • Connected peripherals:
    • Glorious Model O mouse
    • Logitech G915 Lightspeed keyboard
    • Corsair Void Elite Wireless headset
    • Logitech speakers        

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Do you have any USB hubs or front panel ports connected to the motherboard in addition to the 3 devices connected directly to the rear I/O panel? Do you have any extenders to a monitor USB pass-through?

Disconnect all devices and try connecting each one at a time to see at what point the issue begins.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
ZaZMan117
Journeyman III

Hi, 

I am having the exact same issues, had it for months. Seems like this is just an AMD thing. 

0 Likes