cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ds2k
Journeyman III

Frycry5 with 2xHD8970M

Can you play Frycry5 with 2 HD86700m cards??

If not why is it can play assassin's Creed Origans which has the same  minimum spec on full??  I get about 30fps

The game will boot and play foir a some time then the screen will lock up.

I email Uplay about it and they say I need to upgrade my crads..

Are they just passing the buck??

0 Likes
11 Replies
gto_pro
Adept III

so what are they hd8970 or 8670? theres a huge diference the 8970 is twice as powerful and u should game on it no problem and maybe u should try to turn of crossfire and play only on 1 card if i can i never used 2 gpu maybe theres a compatibiliti isue

0 Likes

I move the qusetion over to the Drivers & Software and added abit more info

0 Likes

M=Mobility drivers=laptop

You would have more success with your post if you put it in the correct forum > Drivers & Software

Post your laptop specs as well > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

WELCOME TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM

Use this space to post questions and discussions related to AMD that do not fit into the other forums.

For example; game promotions, benchmark scores, etc.

0 Likes

Something's not making sense. No laptop has dual 8670M cards, and I imagine you do not have dual HD 8970M cards as they were limited to expensive, high end desktop replacement laptops as they are rated for 100w each, so I assume you mean HD 8650G + HD 8670M Dual Graphics. The absolute minimum card is a desktop class R9 270, which is nearly 4 times as powerful as the laptop class 8670M. Also, your processor is no doubt slower than a desktop class FX-6300, so yes, you should not be playing Far Cry 5 on that laptop.

As you can see form the screen shoot of the AMD system montior I have a Intel Crose 17 48000MQ cpu running at 2.7 (16gig) and 2 AMD radeon HD8970M cards..

Which I got form metabox back in 2014.  I can't link a page to the system as they don't sell it any more, but it was the top of the line in 2014

Clipboard01.jpg

I know this is under the minimum spec r9 270

But I can run assassin's creed origin at 1920x100 on ultra and still get 30fps (not the best buit still playable for me) and is has the same minimum spec

Now I have got Farcry 5 runing at (1280x8000 on the lowest seting at 60pfs. (still looks great))

But if I chage the size of the screen or up the setting it will lock up after about 30mins or so.

It not over heating as the fps is steady and I don't get any bells to warm of overheading.

So my questrion is why does assassin's creed origin run great and farcry 5 just run, when they have the same minimum spec??

A few more things I notice.

1) Each time I start farcry 5 I get a msgs box asking me to let it change seting on my system

This is the only game that does this each time.

2) Why is it AMD Radeon Setting flag dead Dishonored 2 and Prey (both wich run at max screen side and setting) will a warning and not farcry 5?? (see pic)

Clipboard02.jpg

And help as to what going on wound be nice.

Playing to update card by end of year so i can play red dead redemption 2

0 Likes

Your CPU barely meets the minimum requirements, and is slower than the recommended requirement. As for updating a card in a laptop, does the manufacturer say it can be done?

0 Likes

Well looks like I may need to update the whole thing, as a new CPu will need to new MB and most as well as a new card, and all that will most likly a new power until

But my quewstion is questrion is wnow hy does assassin's creed origin run great and farcry 5 just run, when they have the same minimum spec??

0 Likes

What's the use of mentioning 'uplay says....' , without showing their full reply ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

this the the reply I got for Ubisoft

TiagoC @ Ubisoft Support

Hello DS2K, Thank you for reaching Ubisoft Customer Support. My name is Tiago and I will be assisting you with your case. I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue with Far Cry 5. Firstly, I would like to thank you for the reports you provided, as they are very useful for our investigation. I've checked the reports and I'm sorry to say that your machine does not meet the requirements to run the game correctly. You can check the requirements on the following link: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000033169/System-Requirements-of-Far-Cry-5-FC5 Anyway, you may try the steps on the basic troubleshooting FAQ and check if it fixes your issue: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000025947/Basic-PC-Troubleshooting/ I understand this was not the solution you were looking for and I want to apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else as I will be here to help you if you need. Kind regards, Tiago Ubisoft Customer Support

0 Likes

Which is the correct response, as your dual graphics setup does not meet the power of a R9 270.