cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

connectsvm
Adept I

Error opening a forum thread

Regarding a Driver question on forum, the below link is posted as answer but I get Access denied error.

someone help me with what i am missing here...

Laptop graphics update...How to
Associated link - https://community.amd.com/thread/207699

1 Solution

The Admin(s) would need to change all the old links to new ones, if this problem shall be solved.  There's a list of Staff and Admins somewhere on this site but I'm not sure where.  You can find some of them in the thread Meet the Team.  If you want, you can summon one of them to any thread with a "@"+nickname, like this: @connectsvm.

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
petosiris
Miniboss

Me too.  Where did you find the link and what's the name of the thread?

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

I see.  I know AMD has done some rework in the forums since 2018, when that post was posted, and maybe the forum thread has changed location since then?  You'll notice that the link in the 5 yo solution has a format of "community.amd.com/thread/(number)", while the new format is "community.amd.com/t5/category/name/ ...".

Ask Admin where that forum thread is now, if it still exists.  I bet it's just relocated under a new name.

Best,
0 Likes

thx for your quick response, i am new to this forum and literally struggling with driver issue,

can u point the way to contact admin or a section where this will be addressed

@kingfish  has posted that link in multiple threads and none open, all end up with access denied error

thx

That was a very old guide, i can give you the basics though.

If Intel processor with graphics it must be updated first, then download  & save the exact model version of your amd card. Install drivers from that package.

If AMD processor with graphics then install only the processor version (as that driver controls both graphics chips in most cases).

The last/final divers for your product are from 2015/16.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

The Admin(s) would need to change all the old links to new ones, if this problem shall be solved.  There's a list of Staff and Admins somewhere on this site but I'm not sure where.  You can find some of them in the thread Meet the Team.  If you want, you can summon one of them to any thread with a "@"+nickname, like this: @connectsvm.

Best,
0 Likes
connectsvm
Adept I

@petosirisThank you for all the inputs.

@goodplayi have tried multiple options, yours being one of them, the basic problem is that windows update driver and downloaded driver cause blank screen at login screen.

Below is my question, i have updated it with whatever i have done and current status, if  time permits you may want to look and provide suggestions if any.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/driver-w10-22h2-64bit-amd-radeon-hd-7500m-7600m-sony-v...

I am accepting this as solution since the Error opening link is answered.

panther7
Journeyman III

Same issue, i have draft, but i can not access...

"You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

https://community.amd.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/drivers-and-software-discussions/message-id/1...

0 Likes