Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

connectsvm
Adept I

Driver - W10 22H2 64Bit - AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M / Sony VAIO SVE1513RCXB

Problem -
Installing W10 64Bit completes fine, but video drivers when updated via window update screen goes blank on login screen.

The drivers picked up by windows update cause the issue.

most close post on forum for my problem -
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/hi-everyone-i-facing-issues-with-my-amd-7500-7600x-gra...

a link in the reply does not work, I get access denied error on clicking

Laptop graphics update...How to
Associated link - https://community.amd.com/thread/207699

My System Config
Sony VAIO SVE1513RCXB.Intel i5, 8 GB RAM
Windows 10 22H2 64 Bit

Hardware ID in Device Manager

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6841&SUBSYS_90AB104D&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6841&SUBSYS_90AB104D
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6841&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6841&CC_0300

What i have tried -
Restored Windows using system restore, disabled driver update through windows update and tried installng drivers from AMD website but the same problem.

Driver from https://www.amd.com/en/support

System restore / Driver Rollback from safe mode is what is saving me from reinstall

Is there some specific way to install the drivers ?

Exact error on the webpage

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Return to my original page

0 Likes
3 Replies
connectsvm
Adept I

Well there have been no replies to this post, the problem is not completely solved but have got some understanding and sharing the same.

Before i share what i have understood, would like to point out that the link i had mentioned in my question - Laptop graphics update...How to - this is a very old guide. I had posted another question just regarding non-working of the link.

Background :

Sony VAIO SVE1513RCXB, Intel i5, 8 GB RAM running Widows 8.1 64 bit upgrading to Windows 10 22H2 64 Bit.

This was a clean install, not an upgrade per say. Windows update would install some updates and AMD drivers and this driver update would not work, the issue I faced is screen going blank at login screen.

Windows update option of excluding Drivers (through registry / Group policy) in the update process did not work, AMD drivers would get downloaded and installed. Also Synaptics driver (touch pad) would get downloaded and installed which i felt was causing some issue as well. System restore was the only way out to the system to desktop without the drivers. Windows would install Generic windows Display adapter.

Drivers downloaded from AMD website (WHQL 15.7.1) would do the same thing, so the drivers were not working for my system which i have not understood why.

What I did ?

I performed a clean install, let windows do download and install the updates which included AMD and Synaptics driver. Before Reboot I went to Device Manager and performed a Rollback of drivers, uninstalled AMD and Synaptics from Control panel and let the system reboot.

The system rebooted fine, Generic windows Display adapter was set for AMD and PS2 Mouse for Synaptics.

Later Windows performed another update but this time AMD and Synaptics Driver were not installed.

Video card is stuck with Generic Driver, get 1366*768 resolution, cannot change it on lower or higher side. Sleep feature is not available.

Link I got help from -

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-or-turn-off-adm-display-driver-update-...

As and when I get some input from forum or otherwise, will try to get the drivers installed.

Thanks.

0 Likes
ramseyjoseph
Journeyman III

Hi. Six months late to communicate but better than never!

I have a 2012 Sony 17” i7 laptop with integrated Radeon 7500/7600M graphics card running on Windows 7. Then I had windows 8 and with then Windows 10 since it came out 4 or 5 years ago.  No problems in all this time but about 5 months ago I lost the red colour from the screen. Red font, flowers and other red objects show pink. I tried several times to optimise/change various things on the AMD Catalyst Control Center without success.

Most likely malfunction of the AMD card.  AMD don’t support this card and no updates are available as far as I can find.  I thought I could buy a used Sony mother board with the embedded AMD card but I am hesitating now I have read your story with non-compatibility with Windows 10.  I am not very computer savvy but would like to ask you to kindly advise me if replacing the mother board (or if the AMD card is replaceable by itself) would solve the problem, or is it likely to suffer the same difficulties you have encountered with Windows 10.  I must add that I don’t do any photo printing any more so losing the red colour is not a big problem but I would like to get it back.  

Thank you in advance.  Ramsey

0 Likes

hi im facing the same issue i have amd readon hd 7500/7600m card but my windows cant detect it when ever i try to put it on from the devic manager my screen goes black and dosent work until i go into safe mode and change my drivers to microsoft bacic drivers i also cant for some reason update too 22hz latest windows bec when i try the installion comes to 50% and my screen just goes black i tried updating my drivers to the lastest it tells me that amd readon hd 7500m/7600m drivers are on but when i go into dxdiag to check it says bacic drivers and also when i look in device manager it says no drivers are installed for this device. the sleep button is gone and my resulation is stuck on 1024 768 been trying for months but still havent found any solution any help ?

0 Likes