cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

yukzy
Journeyman III

Crashing and Blue Screening - XFX Speedster MERC310 AMD Radeon 7900 XT

Hello, I just got my Radeon 7900 XT GPU XFX Speedster Edition 10 days ago and I cannot stop crashing in Rainbow Six Siege and other games. This also includes blue screening out of nowhere when running my computer. I have checked my temperatures and they are all steady and at good temperatures. The airflow in my case is quite good, Lian Li 215 with a H100X Elite CPU Cooler on the top as an exhaust. I have reinstalled the latest drivers, checked if the pcie cables were seated, and ran MSI Kombustor stress test, which found artifacts. I do not know where to go from here and I would love help. Thank you.

Specs :

1. Intel i7-12700K
  2. XFX Speedster MERC310 AMD Radeon 7900 XT
  3. 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 MHz
  4. Corsair RM850x (2021) with stock cables
  5. Lian Li LanCool 215
  6. H100X AIO RGB Elite for cpu
  7. WD_Black 1TB SN850X NVMe SSD Gen 4 Pcie as boot drive + storage
  8. SK Hynix Gold 31 1TB SATA as storage

I have been crashing on and off since a week ago in R6S and Starfield, but I did not think much of it. Today I have been constantly blue screening (4 times within 2 hours).

I do not know where to go from here, this is my first PC build, and it has been working amazingly the past week, but this is the most my gpu has been crashing.

My temperatures on my CPU at stress test is 70-80C max, and my GPU at stress test is 60-70C average. I hope to hear any feedback.

I was wondering if needed I should return my GPU for a replacement if I cannot find a fix to this, thank you.

Update - Used DDU to uninstall all drivers, reinstalled the latest driver for my GPU, did not stop the blue-screening. Reinstalled a fresh operating system (windows 11), did not fix it.

0 Likes
0 Replies