cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jkier40
Newcomer

Why does my computer BSOD when I turn back on the display?

I have a Windows 11 Lenovo PC with an AMD 7800 xt video card that I recently had the Geek Squad install. Ever since getting the card and installing the Adrenalin drivers, I've been having an issue -- even after a fresh install -- where the computer blue screen of deaths when I turn back on my monitor. For example, I leave the room for an hour so I turn off the monitor. When I return, the computer is still running tasks (not in sleep mode) and I turn on the monitor to use it. Immediately, it has a BSOD. This regularly shows up in Event Viewer with a volmgr error and Kernel Power critical failure. This error only happens when I turn the monitor off and back on. It has never happened when doing any tasks or gaming. My temperatures are all cool to moderate, roughly in the 50C range even when running demanding games like Resident Evil 4 or EA FC 24.

Beyond the fresh install of Windows, I've also use DDU in safe mode to remove and reinstall my AMD driver, as well as updated various other drivers such as Bluetooth and firmware without any success So far, no luck.

Any ideas for why this is happening? It seems to have something to do with the AMD drivers, but I need them to have the card function correctly. Thank you for any help!

0 Likes
0 Replies