Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

samu2
Journeyman III

Rx 580 crash

IMG_5678.jpeg

 Hi , i saw a video on yt to fix black screen , said that i have to reduce the core clock but every time i changed the clock even just 1 mhz the gpu crashed and the pc restart automatically.  Some ideas?

0 Likes
9 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Where are you getting the black screens?

During gaming? Which games? Browsing? Its a complete freeze or does it return? Does the sound freeze?

Reducing core clocks doesn't seem the right way, last time I had crashes it was the memory not the card, although it looks like the card may be the culprit.

Provide more info so more people can help you.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

You’re right , i had black screens when gaming ,in particular when the gpu is in full load . It happened 2 times in two weeks, so i found the video where it said that i should reduce the clock . So like my first post said , i tried to reduce the clock but every time the gpu crashed. I read that is a common issue and the 24.1.1 fix the problem of the  tuning . should i upgrade? thx 

0 Likes

And the screen shut down ,while   the pc is still going , so i have to so hard reset

0 Likes

I can't really see the picture you posted and the clock speeds, I would start by going back to the last  stable driver you had.

If you still want to go with the underclock, you can try lowering your final clock state by 20/50 or 100mhz while keeping the same voltage. You will lose some fps, not much but some.

Whats your GPU temperatures when it crashes?

As for the upgrade:

The Polaris card was a wonderful card, loved mine and still goes like a champ in the secondary rigs, but its a 2016 design... its time to move on if you have the budget.

The Englishman
0 Likes

the clock is as stock , so in boost (the seven level ) is at 1366 . The gpu temperatures is 72 in full load and the driver i have is the first i found in amd driver (23.1.1) . The problem is that i bought the gpu new 2 weeks ago … and i wont send back the gpu . I even can’t changed the tuning because the gpu crashed . 

0 Likes

Try something like 1300 or 1250 and see if it crashes.

Just for troubleshooting purposes.

The Englishman
0 Likes
geomantis
Adept III

Install the latest 24.1.1 driver and if you have the idle full clocks spike problem every 1 minute install minimum adrenalin and use msi afterburner for over-underclock or with full install disable startCN and StartDVR in task scheduler and restart your pc. Previous last drivers have problem with freezing pc if you use perfomance tuning tab and idle full gpu-memory clocks.

0 Likes

The gpu crashed only in games , in idle i don’t have problem . Only black screen when i play games but i happened 2 times in 2 two weeks . Do you recommend to upgrade to 24.1.1 . ? .For now its not a big problem for me but if its fix the black screen i will do 

0 Likes

Stress your ram-cpu-gpu with memtest,occt,furmark,kombastor and check the temps.

The last driver solve the black screen freeze in performance tuning in adrenalin.