Adept I
Adept I

Green Screen Crash (Radeon RX 5600 XT)

I got the GPU 2 weeks ago.... I need HELP NOW! :c

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon Rx 5600 XT Windforce OC 6GB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3400g

PSU: 600w

MB: Aorus B450 Pro Wifi

RAM: XPG Spectrix d41 8GB 3200Mhz PC4-25600 (currently just have one, im getting a second one) DDR4 RGB

Adrenalin 2020 version (Radeon Software): 20.12.1

I have this annoying problema as you can see in the subject, a Green screen crash while im gaming, and its weird af

I'd like to know the causes, I was thinking maybe I have insuficient RAM, that might cause the Green screen crashes with the software maybe.... Or is it the GPU thats broken... My bet is that it has to do with insufficient RAM and the drivers im using atm...

Its getting very annoying... 

It has never happened while playing League of Legends, but it happens when im playing fortnite, or Project zomboid (which barely uses graphics you guys can google that)

Its getting very annoying and im getting tiered of it, also my Windows 10 cant be updated to the 1709 version, maybe thats also a factor...

Anyways, as sooon as I get the second RAM card, im formating the whole PC maybe that helps...

Any ideas on why the Green screen crashes happen??? again, its jus a Green screen... Like im playing and boom Green screen, also the audio kinda glitches for like 1 sec and boom, the only way to get the signal back is to restart my PC

HEELP!!!

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-12 at 11.30.46 PM.jpeg

0 Kudos
95 Replies
Jesusse
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Green Screen Crash (Radeon RX 5600 XT)

@SRD081025 wrote:

I got the GPU 2 weeks ago.... I need HELP NOW! :c

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon Rx 5600 XT Windforce OC 6GB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3400g

PSU: 600w

MB: Aorus B450 Pro Wifi

RAM: XPG Spectrix d41 8GB 3200Mhz PC4-25600 (currently just have one, im getting a second one) DDR4 RGB

Adrenalin 2020 version (Radeon Software): 20.12.1

I have this annoying problema as you can see in the subject, a Green screen crash while im gaming, and its weird af

I'd like to know the causes, I was thinking maybe I have insuficient RAM, that might cause the Green screen crashes with the software maybe.... Or is it the GPU thats broken... My bet is that it has to do with insufficient RAM and the drivers im using atm...

Its getting very annoying... 

It has never happened while playing League of Legends, but it happens when im playing fortnite, or Project zomboid (which barely uses graphics you guys can google that)

Its getting very annoying and im getting tiered of it, also my Windows 10 cant be updated to the 1709 version, maybe thats also a factor...

Anyways, as sooon as I get the second RAM card, im formating the whole PC maybe that helps...

Any ideas on why the Green screen crashes happen??? again, its jus a Green screen... Like im playing and boom Green screen, also the audio kinda glitches for like 1 sec and boom, the only way to get the signal back is to restart my PC

HEELP!!!

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-12 at 11.30.46 PM.jpeg

Hello, if you want to go through this forum, I have tried many methods of changing the windows driver, frequency changes always with the green screen, right now I am with the process downgrade my bios from F60 to F2, you could not tell you if it has worked for me, I have only been testing for 1 day and I have not had a green screen, my maximum is 1 day without a screen, and in the morning it always gave me a screen, I hope that tomorrow I do not get the error then I could say that it is working for me

https://community.amd.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/drivers-and-software-discussions/message-id/1...

0 Kudos
SRD081025
Adept I
Adept I

Plz keep me updated, because i'm really thinking to buy an nvdia instead

0 Kudos
Jesusse
Adept II
Adept II

I do not know what happened with the link, I am supposed to put it to send you to the post but I see that it is to answer I pass you here the link again is down in the 4th. post check your bios see which you have with the program below in the post I put images so you can see what bios you have

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/new-rx-5600-xt-green-screen-crash/td-p/300669/page/3

ATI ATIFlash / AMD VBFlash

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/

0 Kudos
SRD081025
Adept I
Adept I

Soo I download that thing and flash My BIOS to F2?

@Jesusse wrote:

I do not know what happened with the link, I am supposed to put it to send you to the post but I see that it is to answer I pass you here the link again is down in the 4th. post check your bios see which you have with the program below in the post I put images so you can see what bios you have

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/new-rx-5600-xt-green-screen-crash/td-p/300669/page/3

ATI ATIFlash / AMD VBFlash

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/

0 Kudos
SRD081025
Adept I
Adept I

Also. How safe is it?

0 Kudos
Jesusse
Adept II
Adept II

Well, just check your card version well that the model is the same, you can see in the other post that the versions are identical if you use, for example, mine is RX5600 XT Gigabyte windforce rev 2.0 I put examples of the versions and the changes so you can check if They are the same I install the bios first remove the drivers and install the bios f2 and reinstall the drivers I recommend that you uninstall with DDU so that it is cleaner and remember to make a backup copy of your bios for precaution

I've already been playing all morning on my second day and I still haven't had a green screen, I already exceeded the crash range

0 Kudos
SRD081025
Adept I
Adept I

those are great news!!! I'll try this method as soon as I get my other RAM card and format my PC, well, only If i keep getting the green screens of course...

Also just to clarify, does this error have to do with the gpu or the drivers?

@Jesusse wrote:

Well, just check your card version well that the model is the same, you can see in the other post that the versions are identical if you use, for example, mine is RX5600 XT Gigabyte windforce rev 2.0 I put examples of the versions and the changes so you can check if They are the same I install the bios first remove the drivers and install the bios f2 and reinstall the drivers I recommend that you uninstall with DDU so that it is cleaner and remember to make a backup copy of your bios for precaution

I've already been playing all morning on my second day and I still haven't had a green screen, I already exceeded the crash range

0 Kudos
SRD081025
Adept I
Adept I

oh forgot to mention, I do have an F60 Bios

and yes I do have the exact same card as you

What adrenalin version do you have atm??? also, Do I have to download the F2 from the tech website???

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/222361/222361

f60.PNG

@Jesusse wrote:

0 Kudos
Jesusse
Adept II
Adept II

Well at first I thought it was the drivers then the graphics card and now if it does not fail it is because of the driver they comment that the change of bios increased the speed clock so this causes instability but I still cannot assure you until it passes this day I could tell you that it was the XD bios but I invite you to see the other post there in the last one because I put in I told a little of everything that I tried and I wanted to return it to guarantee only that they are taking a long time and I keep trying methods and even here I have come with the bios is my last resort if there are no more ways to fix it

AFTER

Screenshot_6.jpg

BEFORE

Screenshot_8.jpg

0 Kudos