cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Wasylpm
Journeyman III

AMD software update has affected the way mouse and videos work

2 weeks ago ran Steam and was informed there were newer drivers available, so I let the update occur.

Having completed I then started using my PC.

The mouse movements have become juddery.

Whenever videos play the motions stop briefly before restarting.

Unfortunately instead of instantly doing a system restore, I instead ran driver booster update software, iobit software updater and advanced systemcare. Now system restore won't revert.

Can I get an older version of my AMD software which will reverse the problem?

0 Likes
2 Replies
MrLeftCoast
Adept II

Go to amd site https://www.amd.com/en/support and select your video card. then scroll down until you see "previous drivers" link.

I suggest using DDU in safe mode to uninstall your current driver and install an older driver that worked for you.

previous drivers.jpg

0 Likes

I firstly went to Device Manager to Display adaptors and disabled the AMD graphics driver.

Then as suggested, uninstalled the driver in Safe mode usinf the DDU software.

I couldn't find the driver on the AMD site, the auto search/load facility gives me the wrong software, which is what I don't want.

I did a search on the graphics card (AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics) and one of the resulting choices offered was Driver Scape. Searched through the various options for my PCs Operating System. I then downloaded it and ran the software. Hey presto my system is running perfectly.

0 Likes