cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ADyingGod
Adept I

Fallout 3 & New Vegas Crashes on 24.1.1

I'm unable to play Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I can't even load a save or start a new game. Instant crash to desktop and removing all the mods, tweaks, INI settings or having the game in its vanilla state doesn't seem to have any effect. Rolling back to previous version solves the problem but I don't plan to stick with older drivers just to play a 13 years old game. Any solution to this problem in the next release would be appreciated. I have a 6750 XT. I'm enjoying to overall experience but these minor things adds up.

134 Replies
kewee
Adept I

24.5.1 still doesn't work - but in the Release Notes under known issues now says
* Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas may fail to launch. [Hotfix pending verification]

gives me hope a hotfix is in the works...

It now says:

Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas may fail to launch.[Resolution targeted for 24.6.1]

So next driver most probably.

We get a fix almost 2 months after the show releases. IDK why AMD did not bother to fix this earlier because they knew all the fallout games would see renewed interest. Better late than never. 

you need 23.12.1 to play fallout 3. keep reporting this problem and saying 23.12.1 fixe it so they know.

use the feedback option on your videos card. Forum doesn't help much

0 Likes
Inflatablepants
Journeyman III

Just giving this another bump…but it looks like AMD has noticed at least. Still, I spent all day yesterday modding NV with the DXVK mod and No-Stutter but the game is just too unstable. 

Feeling sad, because I can’t jingle jangle jingle. 

0 Likes

no need for mods. its not the game. Its the amd driver. you need 23.12.1. report problem using feedback on your video card

0 Likes
0v3rkill
Elite

keep reporting this problem using your feedback button on your video card drivers in home tab and say 23.12.1 fixe it so they know.

0 Likes
0v3rkill
Elite

23.12.1 fixes the problem. I tested yesterday again.

0 Likes
darkwombat
Journeyman III

Oblivion is not working properly too now.

0 Likes

This would make sense. Aren't they all on the same engine, and DX9?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Xylomindus
Adept I

Je  viens d'essayer avec la version 24.5.1 et toujours le même problème...

0 Likes

In the release notes they note that a fix is coming. I just wish it came sooner.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

I’ve seen the information, I’m waiting for the fix. I don’t trust them

That is fair. In my experience when, they say they will fix something, they intend to do so.

0 Likes

The fact that they finally recognize the problem is the first step

0 Likes