Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: Black screen during amd driver install

gcabral08 wrote:

Bro, same problem. I'm returning mine. Did everything possible.

try the driver on windows update only?

0 Kudos
gcabral08
Adept I

already did it. didn't work

0 Kudos
axonn
Adept I

Hey, with clean install I mean that I reinstalled windows everything from scratch, as I also said in my original post  either way thanks for trying to help me  we get more help from users than from software devs... 

0 Kudos
axonn
Adept I

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already did the fresh install of windows - did not update the drivers from win as they were crashing as soon as it was installed... The only thing that I did not do the occt test but I will give it a go... 

Thanks again  

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

How can a system that does not even install the drivers work stably! Your problem is probably not driver related. If you have not updated the mobo BIOS or used the mobo BIOS reset factory default, try them. If the result does not change, I rewrite that use your consumer rights

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Annotation 2020-04-03 091017.png

First of all, if you have a chance to try the system with a different GPU, test with this way. Your graphics card is OC version. Contact the store where you bought the GPU and ask for a refund or a change for the GPU first. 

0 Kudos
axonn
Adept I

All drivers installed - chipset, bios update etc - only when it comes to graphics card - if I don't install the drivers for the graphics card the system runs smooth without any issue... I was saying that I did not use the install for  windows generic graphics card driver as it causes issues so I kept avoiding it... 

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Excuse me. I have no intention of misleading you. If there is such a misleading possibility, I would not write anything. In short, get rid of the GPU, I think.

0 Kudos
axonn
Adept I

No need for Appologize  yyou are not miss leading just trying to help - also I did not explained everything what I have done to try and fix the issue..  

Anyways thanks for the help - I just saw that the new driver 20.4.1 came out I will try with that one too... Maybe It will work.. If not I will send back the card.. 

axonn
Adept I

Hey guys, just an update. With the newest driver it works fine. No issues till now.