cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.8.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.7.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.8.1 driver release notes.

Highlights

• New Game Support

• Call of Duty®: Black Ops 6 Open Beta
    • Concord™
    • FINAL FANTASY XVI
    • Star Wars Outlaws™
  • Expanded HYPR-Tune Support

• HYPR-Tune support allows HYPR-RX to enable in-game technologies like AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution.
    • Support now added to automatically configure AMD FSR 3 frame generation in:
      • Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® III
      • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
      • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    • Click HERE for more information regarding HYPR-RX

• AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 Support for Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

• Takes responsive gaming to the next level by introducing an in-game option to optimally pace frames, further reducing input lag on AMD RDNA™ architecture-based discrete and integrated graphics products.
      • Get a decrease in latency in Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT at 4K “Very High” settings of up to 28% when using AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 3 with frame generation with AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 compared to using it without AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 on the AMD Radeon™ RX 7800 XT graphics card. RS-669
      • Users looking for a way to measure response time can use our Frame Latency Meter (FLM) or the built-in latency monitor in AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2.
    • Check out our new blog HERE to learn about the benefits of Anti-Lag 2 and how to monitor your latency.

• AI on Radeon™

•  Support and optimizations for the latest 2.1 version of Amuse application with FLUX.1 model support.
      • Amuse 2.1 is supported on
        • Radeon™ 7000 Series
        • Ryzen™ AI 300, 8040 & 7040 Series
      • FLUX.1 model is supported on
        • Radeon™ RX 7900 series, AMD Radeon™ PRO W7900 and AMD Radeon™ PRO W7800 graphics cards.
        • Minimum 32GB system RAM required.
      • Click HERE for more information. 
  • Fixed Issues and Improvements

• Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may occur while playing Black Myth: Wukong.
    • Intermittent application crash may occur while playing Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess on some Radeon™ RX 6600 and 6700 series GPUs.
    • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may occur while launching Pacific Drive or KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX-.
    • Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering settings from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition may fail to correctly apply for OpenGL® applications.
    • Artifacts may appear while playing certain games such as Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales or Rust.
    • Increased memory usage may be observed while playing certain versions of Minecraft Java Edition.
    • Improved “Optimizing Shaders” time when initially launching Forza Motorsport.

Known Issues

• Overly dark shadows or desaturated colors may be observed while playing Black Myth: Wukong when Global Illumination is to Medium or higher. Users experiencing this issue may set Global Illumination to Low as a temporary workaround. [Resolution targeted for 24.9.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for 24.9.2]

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.8.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.8.1, use the tag FORUM-24-8-1-GAMER56

38 Replies
CayroMx4
Elite

DayZ is still broken hehe.
Soon it will be 4 years as dayz is broken..

Hagal77
Adept I

BUG found: AMD Noise Suppression entry in autostart service not autostart folder

Annoying after every boot/start the AMD software opens boldly on the desktop although everything is deactivated. After searching I only found AMD Noise Suppression, I have no idea what this is supposed to be for, if you deactivate the entry you have peace again. (fyi)

riad208
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5600G Vega 7 , Downgrades to 24.3.1

0 Likes

Same its **bleep**ing annoying as **bleep** cant play call of duty cause AMD cant get their **bleep** together 

0 Likes

Same thing bro, there are also a lot of errors: crashing every time a blue screen appears, after sleep mode, the screen does not work until Windows restarts, another old problem is the fps monitor does not work, I do not know here specifically why amd does not issue a completely modern FPS Counter

0 Likes
Jani38
Adept II

I'm going to break this f***ing card, never again AMD!

Jani38
Adept II

Why did you delete my post, does the truth hurt?you can't make a usable driver program because it's all sh1t.

Scroll
Journeyman III

RX580, Downgrades to 24.3.1

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

@community_moderator 

It would be nice that you inform the users of your community that you closed and delete release note threads. Especially when it is just a thread about the driver changelog and announcement, which is often posted BEFORE the “official” one.

ontopic:

Driver works as usual, still need to test Cossacks 3 though.

0 Likes

Cossacks 3 still same issues, nothing got fixed. (;

0 Likes
csabaf72
Journeyman III

Képernyőfelvétel (11).png

Unfortunately, the new ASRock Tweak version 2.0.65 crashes with the also new AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.8.1 update.
The biggest problem is that COD MW3 also crashes immediately after the start.

Ryzen 7 7800 X3D

ASRock RX 7900 XTX Taichi

ASRock X670E Taichi Carrera

Solved with Revo Uninstaller!

Requires clean install!!

0 Likes

With another Vanguard error or CTD?

0 Likes

Hi. 

Im using RN preview driver on my rx 7900gre  and driver is 24.20.01.02 and all games just run perfect also AFMF2 work as well.  Try it, you can still download ot from official AMD site. 

0 Likes

I updated from version 24.20.01.02 to 24.8.1.

As you can read, I did a clean install with Revo Uninstall and everything is fine.:

" Solved with Revo Uninstaller!

Requires clean install!! "

All games work perfectly and so does the ASRock Tweak app.

0 Likes
Twanaar
Journeyman III

Hi, since more than one year, i can't install adrenalin software, the drivers install without problem, but the installer freeze and stay stuck somewhere between 40 to 80% during adrenaline instalation (this problem coming with one 23.x.x.x version and stay here for now).

They are any know solution for fix that ?

Twanaar_2-1725037205393.png

It's the same for this version, stuck at 42%

0 Likes

LOL why you delete my post? Good support AMD)

RE: Im never buy another radeon card

0 Likes

I'm a customer who have Adrenalin install problem, what you saying ?

0 Likes

sorry, wrong reply

0 Likes

It's an anti-spam bot . Sometimes it deletes some messages....

For more info, my config are:

Ryzen 5800X

64Gb of ram

Mother Bord Asus Tek X570 Tuf Gaming wifi

GC 7800XT

W11 installed and up to date.

I don't think is linked to my config, more about something Adrenalin can't linked to previous installation, but even i uninstall adrenalin and delete User/AppDataLocal all AMD folder, it's chnage nothing.

0 Likes

Try preview driver 24.20.01.02 driver have AFMF 2 and many other features but most of all games work. 

0 Likes
IndigoOwnage
Journeyman III

After the update, Gigabyte Control Center (version 24.08.28.01) isn't even starting with the 7900 XTX.

0 Likes
Jeff6
Journeyman III

I enter sleep and come back to desktop and AMD software is open by itself please fix this.

phxrider
Adept III

Looking at the version, it looks like the preview driver is still more recent than this one - is this correct?

(I hope so, because the preview driver is definitely the best one in recent memory)

Ryzen 7950x3d • Powercolor Hellhound 7900xtx • Asus ROG B650E-F • MasterLiquid ML360L ARGB V2 • Corsair DDR5-6000 CL30 32GB • Samsung 990 Pro 2TB • Lian Li LANCOOL 216RX
0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

Adrenalin opens automatically after time or sleeping. Reverted back to previous version. I've seen it mentioned on reddit too.

Axton
Challenger

RX6950XT high idle power with this driver.  Average 10-20W at desktop as I type this. Only Firefox and the driver control panel open.

Windows 10, Ryzen 5800x3d, 32gb DDR4, single 60Hz 1440p monitor.

0 Likes
twibr
Adept III

After reading the reviews, I decided to calmly use 24.20.01.02 for now and hope for the best in this series of unsuccessful releases of adrenaline.

i5-13400/ asrock Z790 PG Lightning D4 /32 GBytes DDR4 3200 Hynix/ ASRock 7700xt Phantom Gaming OC/ Deepcool PQ1000m
0 Likes
Lordbyron47
Adept I

bro im so tired of this bull**bleep** amd drivers run around i literally regret getting an AMD laptop how **bleep**ing hard is it to just get **bleep** right or dont drop it.. how tf are u releasing download for 24.8.1 and when i download to install it **bleep**ing installs and DOWNGRADES my gpu to 23.4.1 from 2022 !!! what kinda bull**bleep** is this bro im **bleep**ing tired of this **bleep** been at it for 5 days

rockovissi
Adept II

I’m still getting the exact same performance issues and stuttering (7900 XT) as I have since June. May’s drivers are the last known good ones for me. This is also after multiple clean installs and clearing shader cache.

horhay
Journeyman III

i don't need to suger coat it. yall f1cked my gaming performance. 

cpu: ryzen 5 5600

gpu: rx radeon 6650

motherboard: b550 pro vdh wifi

before i updated to this version i was running games smoothly. no studder or tear. but now i lag every facking time, constant screen tear. and i tried everything. reinstalling, deleting the amd program with DDU, you guys f1cked me over 

0 Likes

Same here with 7900. Stuttering all the time. 

0 Likes
Buutti
Adept II

And again utter crap. FPS dropped so badly in Insurgency: Sandstorm that it was unplayable. I guess you have some sort of quotas to fulfill, but this is ridiculous. Focus on quality, not quantity!

It's sad that third party drivers are better than the manufacturer's drivers..

0 Likes
LewsTherin
Journeyman III

Amuse is flat out not working at all for me. Regular runtime errors.... 

0 Likes
radu1006
Adept III

The problem with the reboot when starting Elite Dangerous and No man's sky have been solved.

I will keep an eye on the driver timeouts in the next days.

Just to mention I used Revo Uninstaller on old Adrenalin, then DDU in safe mode and then installed the new driver with Factory reset checked.

Windows 10

Radeon 7900XT

Ryzen 5700x

0 Likes

I did not have to wait too long.

Driver timeout + Black screen while the PC was in idle on the desktop.

Thankfully the power button worked.

radu1006_0-1725286469437.png

doa0101
Newcomer

Constant driver crashing. 7900xtx  

I can trigger it by running a browser on a second screen and trying to watch a video that is hardware accelerated like youtube at the same time while playing any game. Screen goes black, can still hear what is going on but the driver does not recover. 

edit 

Did a brand new install of windows. Still able to reproduce the problem the exact same way. On driver 24.8.1

0 Likes
JensenG13
Adept II

Remnant 2, huge stuttering issues, like every 10s. Got game locked to 75hz at 3440x1440, and frames goes to 60-68 non stop. Literally unplayable. And this is bad news because 3rd DLC will arrive in few days and LOT of people will gonna play it for many hours.

0 Likes
W0lfar
Adept I

24.8.1 is out, but the problem with DXNAVI is still there like it was 2 years ago! Guys, this isn't even funny anymore. You've been ignoring the DayZ problem for years. You don't give any specific answer. My next card will be from nVidia, but I wish other DayZ players would choose a quality product and a company that cares about their customers. Just mention on your site that your GPUs are not fully supported for this product. It will at least look fair.

0 Likes