Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Smartengine
Journeyman III

Problem with Cossacks 3 with newest drivers

As stated, with the newest version for Windows 10,
as well as the last couple of drivers for Windows 11 via Windows update,
broke Cossacks 3 as it is stuck in the loading screen. You can hear the water and background noise but not the game itself.

Unfortunatly I also cannot send this via the Bug Reporter, as the software is broken under Win11 and tells me that the driver is not supported.

Any suggestions?
Older drivers make other titles unplayable. I.E.: Rainbow 6 Siege (Vulkan)

Thanks in advance.

12 Replies
Vanek
Adept I

Re: Problem with Cossacks 3 with newest drivers

Hey, since I'm currently dealing with the same problem with the latest 2 drivers on Windows 10, I have to ask. Have you tried to change any graphic option in radeon software ? Like Radeon Anti-lag or anyhting else ?

Just so I know if I need to try it or if it's a lost cause

0 Likes
mauser1891
Elite

Re: newest drivers

Hello Vanek,

I'd consider using DDU, "Display Driver Uninstaller is a driver removal utility that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, driver store)."

As many know that the registry tends to store old entries that aren't valid anymore. For example, Ryzen Master will do this as a person installs a newer version and later they have to edit the registry to remove the old entries which resolves their issue with a new version.

Another path is to use the "AMD Cleanup Utility is designed to thoroughly remove any previously installed AMD driver files, registries, and driver store from systems running Microsoft Windows® 7 and later.  The cleanup process includes removing AMD display and audio drivers as well as AMD software components but does not remove AMD chipset driver components such as GPIO, SATA, USB, etc."

One can get DDU @ https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html 

AMD Cleanup Utility @ https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 

Please note that OP has a different issue as they are using Win 11 compared to your use of Win 10. Thus the internals are not the same and it will have issue's for a while, therefor most people who've used Windows since Win 95 will hold off in using a new release. Yet in humor we can attest that even Win 10 is not a complete operating system as if it was it wouldn't have "Windows Update".

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Smartengine
Journeyman III

Tried various settings, removed with DDU, no change at all.

Only trying to change the settings in the Radeon SW itself for the game I have not tried yet.

alxzaf
Adept I

Re: Problem with Cossacks 3 with newest drivers

Cossacks 3 doesn't work with newer drivers from April or May to present day.

So I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO, an it looks like AMD doesn't care about some older games like Cossacks 3, even if I've reported this problem via Adrenaline Driver software (PS: is a useless thing of software full of BUGS and I can't wait to return to nVidia GPUs when this shortage is over) and to this day nothing is changed.

So, in conclusion, if you want to play Cossacks 3 YOU MUST INSTALL AN OLDER VERSION of adrenaline software (from january 2021 or at most since March 2021), BUT if you do this and if you HAVE A GPU WITH OVER 4 GB of VRAM (like 8GB) WILL NOT RECOGNIZE MOVE THEN 4 GB OF VRAM (I've tested myself).

Have a nice day!

0 Likes
alxzaf
Adept I

This issue begin in windows 10 like I've said in my previous comment and it persist in windows 11!

Your advice is not working and I have a PC with:

- asus motherboard rog strix x570-f gaming;

- ryzen 5 3600x;

- 32 GB ram 3000 mhz;

- rx 5700 xt sapphire 8g pulse.

This is a exlusive problem from AMD!

0 Likes
oceanicdante
Journeyman III

The new driver for halo infinite fixes this bug. You have to specifically look it up though it dowa not currently popup as an update in amd radeon software.

danilw
Adept II

> The new driver for halo infinite fixes this bug.

I confirm new Halo Infinite AMD driver fix Cossacks 3 on AMD GPU.

Vanek
Adept I

Quick question, will I need to uninstall those drivers if I want to update them later or will the Radeon Software do it by itself ?

Edit: drivers are indeed working for me too, that's great, bit of a shame they broke the game in the first place but hey, it happens

0 Likes
oceanicdante
Journeyman III

the drivers are official just not release in the software yet. So hopefully no more downgrading or crap like that. If you look at driver versions the current release in the software is version 21.11.3 but the halo driver is 21.40 so I think it should come later in the software so no uninstalling or weird crap to do hopefully.