Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zerschmetterling
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin and Chassis-Fan Problem

Hello,

i recently got an RX6700Xt to replace my 1070ti. After changing the card / installing the new driver (23.2.1), the card is working fine. The only problem: My 4 Chassis Fans , which i configured in UEFI Bios (MSI x570 Gaming Board //) are not using my Custom-Fancurves anymore. They are running at 500rpm constantly. No matter what CPU Temperature i get theyre always the same.

So i did a clean de-install of the driver. As soon the driver is gone and i restartet into Windows 11, the Fancurve of the Systemfans are working like intended.

I repeated this a few times and its always the same. As soon i´ve installed the Adrenalin Software and restarted the system, the Chassisfans are not using their fancurve anymore.

CPU: Ryzen 3800x // MB: MSI x570 Gaming Plus // 32GB DDR4 // RX6700X - All Drivers are up to date.

Anyone knows a solution for this?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
zerschmetterling
Journeyman III

Thank you for you reply. But i found the solution myself today. It seems like the problem was the "Windows 11 Fast Startup", after deactivating this option and restarting the system, all the chassis-fans are using the Bios Fancurve like they did before. I repeated this 2 times and was definatly the problem. What a weird conflict

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vishvajit
Adept III

It sounds like the AMD Radeon software may be conflicting with your UEFI BIOS settings for the chassis fans. One solution to try would be to use the MSI Command Center software to adjust the fan curves for your system fans instead of using the UEFI BIOS settings. This software is designed specifically for MSI motherboards and allows you to monitor and control various system settings, including fan speeds and curves.

Another solution would be to try adjusting the fan curves using the AMD Radeon software instead of the UEFI BIOS settings. You can access the Radeon software by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting "AMD Radeon Software". From there, navigate to the "Performance" tab and then "Tuning" to adjust your fan curves.

If neither of these solutions work, you may need to contact MSI or AMD support for further assistance. It's possible that there is a bug or compatibility issue with the current driver or software version that is causing this issue.

0 Likes
zerschmetterling
Journeyman III

Thank you for you reply. But i found the solution myself today. It seems like the problem was the "Windows 11 Fast Startup", after deactivating this option and restarting the system, all the chassis-fans are using the Bios Fancurve like they did before. I repeated this 2 times and was definatly the problem. What a weird conflict