cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Chato_v2
Adept II

24.6.1 Driver issues with Destiny 2

I downloaded the new 24.6.1 driver due to the fact that it states it has support for The First Descendant, but when i try to play Destiny 2 with the new driver, my PC completely reboots itself. I did revert back to the previous driver 24.5.1 and now Destiny 2 opens and is playable with no issues what so ever. 

Now with 24.5.1 driver The First Descendant does still work as well but did notice with 24.6.1 the shaders load faster and with 24.5.1 the shaders load but takes a bit longer and makes my CPU work harder, so i am asking AMD to look into this as i play both these games but i am unable to upgrade the drivers to 24.6.1 because Destiny 2 on that driver does not work on it. 

Ryzen 9 7900x

Sapphire Nitro+ 7800XT 

Asus ROG Strix B-650E - F Gaming Wifi MoBo

850w Cosair PSU 

5 Replies
wiking76
Adept I

this drivers has bringed a lot of issues with a lot of videogames

Toxile
Journeyman III

I have kinda the same issue but this driver makes my PC reboot when playing First Descendant. All other games i play are unaffected. 7800X3D - 7900XTX Sapphire Nitro+ - Asus ROG Strix B650E-E - 1000w Corsair 

99Opiat
Journeyman III

In the warzone 3 game, the game just freezes and restarts the computer, while after reinstalling the driver to the same version 24.6.1, you can play a little bit after everything repeats It only helps to roll back to the old version of the driver

0 Likes
Rockywhu
Elite

It's pathetic how many multiplayer games run like ass on 24.6.1

The problem is those shaders are broken on 24.6.1

24.5.1 they actually work, that's why in 24.6.1 you get stuttering on games like FC 24 or it just crashes a games that's effected by it, which is pretty common because lots of games need to load shaders during games.

If they can't work then it's constantly mucking up the gameplay

They need to be fixed 24.7.1 

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W
0 Likes
CrashSimmons
Adept II

I've been unable to play Destiny 2 since the launch of The Final Shape. Constant GPU driver crashes, and only in Destiny 2.

My Post 

0 Likes