AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 70 Degree Idle Temps

Question asked by redlambert on Mar 8, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 10, 2020 by elstaci

Hello!

I've recently been having issues with performance during gaming (framerate going crazy after 10 min or so of gaming.)

After several different benchmarks showed that my CPU was underperforming by quite a bit, I found AMD Ryzen Master and downloaded it to see if I could figure out the issue- and I found that my idle temps (literally nothing but Ryzen Master open) are resting around 70-75 degrees, which I believe is... a lot more than it should be, and most likely what's been bottlenecking my performance (for reference, my GPU is EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 Super, games are on a 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM.)

I'm not very experienced at PC building (mine was put together for me last summer by NZXT) so it's been really difficult trying to find a reason for why this is happening. I remounted my cooling system (NZXT Kraken m22) all my drivers are updated, BIOS settings at default, and removing the entire glass panel of my rig hasn't resulted in any cooling off so it's not an airflow issue. I used to very lightly overclock via MSI Afterburner, but recently have only been running everything at stock everything, so that's not it either. And I don't see any programs running in the background that could be cranking up background usage.

I'm so at a loss right now. Any ideas? This is the first time I've sought online advice about this kind of thing, so I don't know what else I should provide to help with determining the issue- please let me know if I should provide any further details!

Outcomes