abysswalker

Constant Device disconnecting sound on high CPU load

Discussion created by abysswalker on Mar 2, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 16, 2019 by misterj

Hi. I've tried to search for existing topic on my issue but couldn't find it. If there was one that I couldn't find, I sincerely apologize.

As title says, I'm having this problem of Windows making constant 'Device disconnected' sound effects when CPU's on high load. For me, best scenario to reproduce this issue is playing Apex Legend. Play for a bit, and this will start happening.

I've found other users using Ryzen CPU (on different motherboard) having similar issue over the net. Some had problem with their mouse being disconnected for a brief moment, some had their wi-fi disconnected for a second. In my case, when this starts to happen, the LED of Wraith Cooler on the CPU will be turned off for a brief moment, and turns back on.

I know I do have PSU that should pump in more than enough power into the system (I have 750W one with Ryzen 2700X, 32GB RAM, 1 SSD and 1 HDD, and single RX 590), but clueless on what I can do to solve this issue. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Outcomes