1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 29, 2018 2:00 AM by matteuk

RX Drivers + Windows Server 2016

maddoggyca

First off, Yes I know  AMD Drivers are Not Supported on Windows serve

how ever... having the ability to install win10 x64 drivers on server 2016 minimal would do a hole lot of good regardless if its supported or not.

Could the AMD team not block the driver install ,

I personally have Win Server 2016 Essentials in my house used for file sharing, Vmware, Web page hosting, game  server hosting and I also need the use of  GFX card to handle video processing, rendering, and compiling.  which is why I personally need  "minimal" Driver install , (settings app would also be nice) (I also do some gaming on it directly when my main gaming rig is in use.)

Im stuck on 17.7.2 because its the last version that didn't block the install and it works and all but its also outdate by a lot. If I knowen AMD blocked the driver install I would have bought a NV 1050ti over the MSI RX 560 Nitro (4gig) solely because of drivers.. (my server requires a GPU due to the fact there zero integrated video, due to being Xeon cpu). So it was either 1 or the other at 75watt or lower is what I was stuck with in chooses..

Trying to install the driver manual via device manager or forcing the .inf/.ini file to install dose not work on the newest driver ether..

once again I know its not support.. which is fine... but don't block users from install driver anyways... if it mucks up the users machine that's entirely on them.. and I personally can deal with that.

• Re: RX Drivers + Windows Server 2016
          matteuk

Ive just learned this the hard way. Built a vega server system from scratch on the assumption that drivers would installs on windows server 2016, i mean why not right? ive lost so much money I am thinking about legal action. Im sorry but the software team should be ashamed to do this to people, just terrible. Why AMD? just why?