cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Skyyie
Adept I

Will 5000-series processors support Cross Adapter Scan-Out (CASO) in the future?

Hey there,

I was wondering if there is any information about AMD 5000-series laptop processors supporting Cross Adapter Scan-Out (CASO) in the near future. I was excited about this feature when I came across a video about it but was disappointed to see that they only support 6000-series laptop processors or newer.

I tried to look about it but AMD didn't provided a single bit of information about support for older processors. So, are we gonna be completely ignored or AMD will at least tell us to stop having any hope?

It would be great to have this feature enabled for us because many of the budget laptops like mine doesn't have MUX switch. The only option for me is to use external monitor to take full advantage of my laptop's dGPU.

7 Replies
jamesluc256
Adept I

I am wondering this too! A lot of people are still buying the Asus Rog Strix G15 Advantage Edition. It does not have a mux switch so it needs CASO all the more! 

Please release it for the mobile ryzen 5000 series. It is NOT that old that it should be excluded.

Thank you.

True. And the fact that they have not even talked about older processors makes it much worse for me. They should at least let us know whether we should even hope for the feature to come for our laptop.

I don't know what are the requirements for the processor to support this feature. So, maybe the older processors lacks something. If they do, they should let us know about it. If they don't, they should let us know whether we should expect it or not.

Very true! I wonder if it is something to do with PCIE Gen 3 instead of gen 4... Because I noticed Intel is not supporting their processors that are Gen 3. Who knows. AMD! 

Make it happen!

jamesluc256
Adept I

A lot of people are still debating whether or not to buy older AMD systems like the Asus Rog Strix G15 Advantage Edition which is really popular at Best Buy!

Release CASO for that laptop and it will sway people's decisions! I myself am tempted the laptop but don't like the idea that AMD totally abandoned it for future software support! Including Radeon Super Resolution! That is the one thing holding me as well as MANY others back!

Please!

Thanks.

Please respond amd

0 Likes

Aldebaran69420, we are not AMD. This is a User Forum paid for by AMD. We almost never see an AMD employee here. Please open an Online Support Request. Thanks and enjoy, John.

Screenshot 2024-02-04 125936.pngthis was the response I got

0 Likes