cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Hallohannes123
Journeyman III

Trying to use Ryzen 5 8500G iGPU (Radeon 740M) results in black screen

I have no idea what to do next, and I haven't received any replies in multiple forums. Please help me I'm desperate

I Upgraded my dads PC with a new CPU, mobo and ram. Every time I would install the AMD Drivers (on Windows 10) the screen turns black, however Windows is still running with no video output. Installed Windows 11 onto a new m.2 SSD, same problem.

My troubleshooting attempts:

Tried different cables, display port and HDMI. Tried installing the drivers in safe mode, so the installation can finish properly. On windows 10 I would revert the graphics drivers in safe mode to the default windows graphics drivers from 2006 or whatever, and the screen is visible again. But of course I need proper drivers to use the GPU. I tried installing older versions of the driver with no change. I tried disabling fast boot, also reset the bios settings with no change. On windows 11 there are no old drivers I can revert to, but disabling the GPU in device manager results in a working output, but I obviously can't use the GPU. Interestingly, in windows 10 the screen would work at first, and then during the login screen little artifacts would show then the screen turns off. In windows 11 it seems to work for a somewhat random amount of time (a few minutes) before the output disappears.
I also tried installing an older driver version (Adrenalin 24.2.1).

I am very greatful for any help!

GPU: AMD Radeon 740M (integrated GPU)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 8500G

Motherboard: ASRock A620M-HDV/M.2+

BIOS Version: 3.01 (latest)

RAM: 2 x 16GB Patriot Viper Venom DDR5 6000MHz CL36

PSU: AeroCool MPC-Power 550W ACP-550MPC

GPU Drivers: Adrenalin 24.6.1, latest

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

Hallohannes123, get your AMD drivers here. Never get your AMD software from your MB vendor. If you continue to have problems, then try with only one stick of memory. John.

0 Likes