Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 8600g Black Sreen - Crash drivers

Hello!

Specs:
Ryzen 5 8600G
Mother Asrock A620M-HDV/M.2+ AM5 DDR5
1XMemoria Team DDR5 16GB 5600MHz Elite Plus CL46 BlackM.2+ AM5 DDR5
BIOS VERSION: 2.10 - Update AGESA to ComboAM5 1.1.0.3

AMD DRIVERS VERSION (LAST): Adrenalin 24.5.1 (WHQL Recommended)

Error: BLACK SCREEN THEM AMD DRIVER TIMEOUT.
Reproducing ERROR: There is not time to happen, but when i using chrome, like youtube, seeing videos, editing in PH, playing games, in a random time could be as soon i open or later 6 hours of use, it pop ups the error. First got a Black Screen and them a AMD ADRENALIN MSG that Drivers timeout.

Any ideas? what could i do? anyone is happening same? maybe is a problema with the IGPU Of my New Ryzen?

List of things i already did:

* UpdateD all (windows and amd drivers)
* USE DDU to uninstall, start up in safety mode and them install drivers.
* Up to 4 g VRAM (It was on AUTO - getting 500mb)
* Updated BIOS
* Swap memory ram from slot a1 to b1 and b1 to a1 (there is only one module)

Things may be doing if not getting any help:

* Buying another ram? i think is more stable using 2 modules instead of only one (i had ryzen 3 3200g, not black screen problems but 2 modules using dual channel increase it performance)
* Last i wanted to do: Claim to supplier for a new Ryzen and returning back the one i got.

Ideas?

0 Likes
11 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

astroz777, please do a Clear CMOS and stay out of BIOS. If you have two sticks of memory, try one at a time. If you did not get your AMD drivers here, please do. You are far from RMAing anything. Please look in Event Viewer and post the BASIC tab for a few CRITICAL errors. Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R24 multicore. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Paragon

@astroz777 wrote:

Ryzen 5 8600G
1XMemoria Team DDR5 16GB 5600MHz Elite Plus CL46 BlackM.2+ AM5 DDR5
List of things i already did:
* Up to 4 g VRAM (It was on AUTO - getting 500mb)
Things may be doing if not getting any help:
* Buying another ram?

Using only a single stick of 16GB DDR5-5600 CL46 is very bad for performance. Operating in 64bit single channel rather than 128bit dual channel means you are restricting the system to half of the available bandwidth of the IMC. Plus the timings of CL46 are very poor, for literally only a few dollars more you could have DDR5-6000 with CL38 or even better CL30.

Since the IGP of the 8600G uses system memory for graphics performance it is even more important to have the best memory you can reasonably afford especially as you are using the system for gaming.

FYI manually adjusting the UMA Buffer from default 512MB to 2GB gives only a minor improvement to performance. Going higher than 2GB has virtually no improvement to performance.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

FunkZ, I think we are trying to understand a crash. Once this is understood the user can maximize performance. John.

Understood. The error is related to graphics. The graphics are using system memory, which is not in a recommended configuration.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
blackscreensad
Journeyman III

I bought the same processor and I'm having the same problem. Did you solve the problem?

0 Likes

What is your complete equipment? And the monitor?

I also experienced a similar problem after a certain BIOS update. In the link below you can see what I did:

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/black-screen-igpu-ryzen-9-7950x/m-p/674570#M59165

0 Likes

Place the memories as indicated in the motherboard manual, then leave them in standard mode without touching anything. Go to the option that allows you to indicate the amount of memory that the graphics will use and enable a static value (for example, 2 GB). Is your monitor HDMI or DP?

test the memories on TM5 with profile 1usmus_v3. If it passes, it is not memory in standard mode. Spend some time without touching anything to see if a black screen occurs. If it doesn't happen, start optimizing other parameters, but don't change anything in the memories leaving them at the default that the BIOS found. Keep note of the behavior. If nothing happens, you can try to optimize the memory little by little, taking note of what happens.

I also experienced a similar problem after a certain BIOS update. In the link below you can see what I did:

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/black-screen-igpu-ryzen-9-7950x/m-p/674570#M59165

0 Likes

As per your suggestion, I have set my RAM to default settings (4800 MHz, disabled EXPO), and I will observe how things go.

It has been almost a week, and the black screen error has not reoccurred. Solution: Disabled EXPO profile, seems the iGPU cannot handle 6000MHz RAM while YT is full of videos suggesting 6000+ MHz mem for 8600G.

0 Likes
mikchester
Adept I

I am facing similar problem on my 8600G, and I am using single channel RAM (16GB, 6000MHz).

VRAM is set to 2GB. How to resolve the sudden black screen problem?

0 Likes

Maybe your problem is one of stability, not whether of the memory is in static or dynamic mode. To isolate the problem, first set the memory to JEDEC standard with XMP or EXPO disabled. Set the iGPU memory setting to static mode at whatever amount you see fit, as it doesn't matter and shouldn't interfere, but for testing, leave a value of 1GB. Then, run a memory testing application like TM5 with the 1usmus v3 profile. Then, optimize the other parameters without touching the memories, saving and writing them down. Finally, test memory optimization. In my experience, it is possible for XMP parameters that previously worked to no longer work or even happen with EXPO. In these cases, you either search for the best configuration by hand or request support from the memory manufacturer to contact AMD to resolve the problem in a new BIOS release.

0 Likes