cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Suddenly mouse speed changed by itself

PC spec: ryzen 5 5600, msi b450m pro-vdh max, 16gb ram xpg ddr4-3600, rx560 gaming oc 2gb, ssd sata, samsung monitor with dvi-d connection.

Hello. After random period(5min-40min) mouse speed changed by itself. Pointer speed settings in control panel didnt changed, mouse dpi also didnt changed, but mouse pointer moves faster than it should be. After rebooting pc mouse speed revert back to normal but again after few random period mouse speed changed by itself. I tried to set all dpi profiles to same dpi(i use 400 dpi and 4th tick speed in mouse settings at control panel), delete all dpi profiles except one with 400dpi, disable dpi button, reconnect mouse to different usb ports, switch to windows 11(23h2), switch back to windows 10(22h2), enable/disable xhci hand-off, install windows10/11 in uefi and csm mode, enable/disable secure boot, reset bios settings, disable/enable c-state, disable/enable pss, disable/enable pbo, disable/enable core boost, change psu idle current to typical/low, set manual cpu clock to 3.5Ghz, set manual voltage for cpu/soc, disable xmp, set ram to default clock, manual set ram speed/voltage/timings, manual set infinity fab clock, change 3 new mouses, change mousepad, try other manipulation but it didnt help. Switch from windows to linux(i used xorg and xfce and gnome DE) and test my rig on archlinux, manajro, debian stable, debian testing, ubuntu and after random period(5min-40min) mouse speed changed by itself, mouse settings didnt changed in DE applet for mouse settings, output from xinput for my mouse didnt changed, but mouse pointer moves faster than it should be. After rebooting pc mouse speed revert back to normal but again after few random period mouse speed changed by itself. Switch from libinput drivers to evdev and switch back again to libinput, also test new mouses, use other manipulation but it didnt help. My mobo shipped with latest bios out of the box. I dont have any bsod on windows10/11 or bsod analogs on linux systems. RAM tested with memtest86, memtest86+, windows memory tester and no errors found. Tried to check and restore windows with sfc/dism/chkdsk but it didnt help. Install windows and linux on ssd, then install windows and linux on hdd, but it didnt help. Smart status of hard disks are ok and ssd are also new from the shop.

I am experienced pc user since 90's year.

After almost 2 month of testing and trying to fix my issue i can clearly say that:

1)it can be bios firmware problem

2)maybe i got defective cpu out of the box

3)maybe i got defective mobo out of the box

4)maybe i got 3 different defective mouses out of the box

5)maybe i got combo with different combinations from 1) to 4)

Also i got the same issue on my old am3+ rig from 2013 year. So after to switching from old am3+ to new am4 rig i got the same problem. Is this only amd problem with usb devices? Am i the chosen one? Please, help me

0 Likes
0 Replies