Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

AmdUserWithProblem
Journeyman III

CPU broken for the third time in a row

Hello,

I am having serious issues with my CPU. It is broken for the third time in a row.
My setup looks like this:

PSU: 1000 Watt be quiet! Pure Power 12 M Modular 80+ Gold
RAM: 64GB (2x 32GB) G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5-6000 DIMM CL30-40-40-96 Dual Kit
Main SSD: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 1.3 3D-NAND TLC (MZ-V7S1T0BW)
Second SSD: 2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4 3D NAND (SNV2S/2000G)
Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 All-in-One
Mainboard: Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX AMD X670 So.AM5 Dual Channel DDR ATX Retail

and finally my CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D 12x 4.40GHz So.AM5 WOF

My CPU broke for the first time after I upgraded my initial GPU 24GB PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX Hellhound for a new GigaByte GeForce RTX 4090 to be able to work with CUDA.

Before that, my system sometimes had issues after booting up, regarding laggy Inputs/Outputs on the screen but after rebooting again the issues were fixed.

After swapping my GPU the problems began. I do not know whether this is a coincidence or not.
The whole system works perfectly after slotting in a new CPU, but it seems that this is only true for about 14 days or so. After that, the CPU is trashed and the PC doesnt boot up anymore. Either the fans start spinning like crazy - I am talking about 100% utilisation - or function as intended but the system doesnt boot up.
The mainboard got replaced by the supplier and they also told me my PSU and my RAM-Sticks are ok and working as intended.

The wiring of the different components are confirmed to be correct by a computer store near me and tbh, I dont think the PC would boot initially if I constantly made the same mistakes.

There were NO debug LEDs up until today, where the CPU broke without any notice. The PC was working fine in one moment and the other it just powered down.

BIOS is up to date.
The CPU is not overclocked.

I am thankful for any recommendations.

0 Likes
0 Replies