cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

NavN
Journeyman III

Stats for Ryzen5 5600G and coolers for turbo mode?

I am purchasing a Ryzen5 5600G soon and need to know the following:

1. The CFM value and number of heat pipes  of the stock cooler.

2. The maximum wattage the processor has been tested at. For rendering it is said to take upto 81W. But would the wattage be higher if the APU is used for prolonged periods and if CPU turbo mode is active? (No overclocking).

3. Upto what limit the stock cooler is sufficient and for what use cases one should opt for an aftermarket cooler (what CFM and number of heat pipes should the aftermarket cooler have?). Assuming ambient temperature can go upto 38 degrees Celsius in summer.

0 Likes
1 Reply
NavN
Journeyman III

Ok, the lack of replies indicate that nobody has bothered standardizing the process of identifying the right cooler, even though it's an essential part of PC building. Noctua tried (https://noctua.at/en/noctua-standardised-performance-rating). However, their results do not account for high ambient temperatures like 38 degrees Celsius. I have a few inputs for the team at AMD, which I hope you could communicate to the right teams/product-managers:

1. In the processor specifications page, you haven't mentioned full specifications of the stock cooler (including info about whether it comes with thermal paste). Please mention it.
  2. Please work on making the stock cooler's fan quieter. I bought a Ryzen 5 5600G, and the constant droning sound of the fan is extremely annoying.
  3. Do try to create a chart that mentions the approximate CFM, heat sink clearance, max heat generated by a processor with and without overclocking etc. so that it'd be simpler for Users to select a processor and corresponding cooler.
  4. You could sell the processor without a stock cooler, so that people could select one of their choice. This lowers the cost of purchasing the processor and also gives the peace of mind of not having to listen to the constant droning sound of the stock cooler.

0 Likes