cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

AstraxCZ
Adept I

Some cores running hotter that the other (ryzen 5 7600x)

When i run cinebeanch beanchmark some cores run hotter than the other (around 10 - 20 °C).

I was wondering if it was thermal paste issue or AIO issue.

I have ryzen 5 7600x with deepcool lt520 AIO.

test2.1.PNG

PS1: Im not overclocking any component.

PS2: The screenshot is after beanchmark, so look at the max colum (2nd from right)

0 Likes
1 Solution

AstraxCZ, your SS looks fine. You are throttling due to temperature and CPU power. I think this has nothing to do with cores running at different speeds which is normal. Please read the RM guide. All cores are running at max speed at the throttling point. Looks fine to me. If you still are unhappy tell us what you do not like. Removing your processor and replacing the thermal paste just exposes your system to damage and seldom helps.  John.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

AstraxCZ, post all your components and a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R24 Multicore. Who can make any sense out of the image you posted? John.

Thanks for quick response.

I was using HWINFO for monitoring because i couldn't find temperatures for each core in ryzen master.

Here is whole screenshot, but without tempriture for each core (in the screenshot from before).

test1.PNG

0 Likes

AstraxCZ, I think you are worrying about a non-problem. I have never trusted HWinfo and do not understand where it gets its information. At times it is egregiously wrong so I ignore it at all times. AMD chooses not to show individual core temperatures and I assume for a reason. They used to but quit some time ago and declined say why. John.

Thank you for that info.

I have 1 another question. When i run cinebeanch multi core my temp rises to 90 - 94 °C. I just wanna make sure that is ok for my cpu to run at such high temp. Normaly games don't use all cores so it doesn't matter that much but when i play minecraft for instance my cpu gets high usage for all cores and maxes out my temp.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

@AstraxCZ some variance between cores max temp is normal, but 17°C (76°-93°C) seems excessive.

Check Ryzen Master as @misterj suggests, are all cores running at the same frequency during the benchmark? Did you reset the HWiNFO sensor window between runs?

Have you enabled Curve Optimizer per-core and applying different offsets?

Remove the CPU cooler and check the thermal paste pattern, any irregular spots on the IHS? Any marks or damage, scratches, etc. to the cooler cold plate?

Here is my 5700X after a Cinebench multi run showing a 6°C max variance between cores. Also note that the core pairs max temp align with their neighbor, whereas yours are all over the place. Yours is a 6-core processor so 2 cores in the CCD have been disabled, but still.

FunkZ_0-1723999143361.png

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

AstraxCZ_0-1724000374394.png

AstraxCZ_1-1724000534649.png

Removing cpu cooler is my last resort becouse of adding new thermal paste, so i will try it if everything fails.

Also my cpu is running much hotter than yours.

PS1: by looking your cpu has lower clock speed and TPU so some temp difference is expected but still my cpu is running at limit.

PS2: now just one core is cooler than the others:

AstraxCZ_0-1724001065021.png

0 Likes

Yes the 7000 series boost higher frequency, voltage and temperature than the 5000 series processors. I'm also on custom liquid cooling and using non-default PBO settings. But my point was to show the difference in temp variance between cores.

I see from your screenshot that all 6 cores are running at the same frequency and you have CO off. Your best performing cores are #2 and #3 but those are not generating the highest temperature.

Looking at the Deepcool LT520 install the two AMD mounting brackets are shaped differently, and it's not clear why. It may be for clearance or it may be designed for offset mounting? You may want to double check the instructions to make sure you got those installed correctly.

FunkZ_0-1724002691889.png

Also was this the first install of the LT520 using the factory applied paste? Or was it used previously and required re-pasting to install on your 7600X?

0 Likes

So i checked the instructions and i installed it correctly and there was factory applied thermal paste.

But like i said only when beanchmarking my cpu temp reaches 95°C. Normaly its around 45°C on idle and 50 - 70 °C (sometimes even 80°C) when gaming.

0 Likes

If it was the factory thermal paste then it should be an even application. It may still be possible it has an uneven mounting pressure. Check that the mounting screws are tightened evenly.

Other than that possibility of it being a mounting issue, you could try tweaking power limits in PBO settings, here's a video showing how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOYYHNGlLs

0 Likes

Thanks for quick answer.

So checked the screws and they are tight.

About the PBO settings, idk about changing it. Im scared im gonna void my warranty.

0 Likes

sorry

0 Likes

AstraxCZ, your SS looks fine. You are throttling due to temperature and CPU power. I think this has nothing to do with cores running at different speeds which is normal. Please read the RM guide. All cores are running at max speed at the throttling point. Looks fine to me. If you still are unhappy tell us what you do not like. Removing your processor and replacing the thermal paste just exposes your system to damage and seldom helps.  John.

0 Likes

Thanks for response.

Removing cpu and AIO is my last resort, but when i saw video recommended by @FunkZ i saw i wasn't only one with high cpu temp. I will keep monitoring my temps but won't worry too much.

0 Likes