Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kkimic
Adept I

Ryzen Master Behaviour - One core never sleeps

Hi guys,

I have a 3900X on a X570i Aorus Gigabyte board on bios F11 (latest). I have been having numerous BSOD therefore I am looking at what can be wrong, I suspect it is the memory or the processor as I have used 3 different memory kits (currently testing 3600 Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC with just 1 DIMM installed for troubleshooting)

Observing Ryzen Master, my C12 never goes to sleep. All the other cores cycle. 

I have also noted doing a stress test on OCCT my core C12 is the more power hungry.

Is this normal? I am trying to solve if there is something wrong with my processor so that I should RMA or it is the board or the memory or the combination of it all.

Thanks.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

kkimic, why does it matter?  If you want help with BSODs, attach dump files.  Post all your components.  Usually the processor is the last component to suspect - MB and memory much more likely.  Are you running an XMP?  If so, do the crashes stop if you quit?  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Dumps here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. 

Can't get the X570I Aorus to work with 3900X with continuous BSOD.Tried both XMP and manual timings or safe values, does not make a difference.

0 Likes