I moved completely from Intel to AMD November last year:

x570 MSI MPG Gaming plus Motherboard

16gb VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHZ DUAL CHANNEL KIT

2700X

2 x m.2 Drives ( 1tb + 2 TB)

5700XT 

KRAKEN X62 AIO WATER COOLING UNIT - 280MM

Bios  + window 10 Pro all up to date.

While I have experienced some crashing on the 2700xt; the last month+ all things were stable - Very High ultra settings.

Two days a go I moved to a 3700X and the PC crashed, games never woprk more that 5 minutes

CPU load is 50%, GPU normally 98% - similar to my 2700X

I tried:

new drivers - clean uninstall - nothing

older drivers - nothing

Basic setting in the bios - no XMP for 3200 ( so 2400) and no game boost mode

reducing graphics to high

and a new install of windows - today

Really struggling what I can do, all my games crash, I may have to swap back to the 2700x and see if it resolves the issue

0 Likes
11 Replies

Check your RAM with Memtest86.

0 Likes

Thanks for that; I finished the 4 hour test and zero errors..

I have also has a few dark screens and then bright screens when games crash.

Using AMD drivers made a little improvement, I manager 10 mins of gaming today before it crashed.

Will give it a day and then I think I will admit defeat.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

wilburforce, if you have not installed a fresh copy of W10 after changing the processor, this is what will happen.  Please install the new processor then a fresh (not a clone) copy of W10.  I always format my C: disk.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I installed the New processor 7300x and have installed two versions of windows, both from USB

I still have crashes 

19.2.1, 19.2.2, 19.2.3 all crash

When I install Windows the original drive was deleted.

I used the media creation from Microsoft - and made a USB installation - is this a clone?

0 Likes

wilburforce, what is "19.2.1, 19.2.2, 19.2.3"?  Sounds like drivers.  AMD drivers should be DLed Only from AMD.  What processor do you have, 7300X, 2700X, 2700xt or what?  I am lost!  If you used the MS Media Creation tool and did an install, not and upgrade you should be fine.  What are your crashes?  Attach dump files if you can.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I will give it a go....the new installation of Windows is definitely better than the first one I did. I think the first one cloned some of my settings. I knew this one was different as none of the wifi driers installed out-of-the box.

AMD chip set drivers are now installed , deciding what driver to install though...

0 Likes

Have you checked that your RAM is listed on your motherboard's GVL (qualified vendors list) to ensure it is fully compatible?

You can find this QVL document on your motherboard manufacturer's site.

Andy

0 Likes

Andy,

It is supported. I have 2 x 8gb = 16gb. In Slot 2 and 4 XMP enabled - disabled makes no difference

We have to keep in mind it was stable before the CPU upgrade. I have tress tested the memory and CPU - no issues or errors.

Graphic card is set to low, medium high etc and all fail after 5-10 mins

I did a new install using the Windows creator and ticked a setting about "from this PC" so i will try again with another new install without it maybe is carried over settings?

The Drivers to make a difference, some crash quicker than others so I am sure its a driver issue

On the site it has the same stick twice not sure why - DIMM slot 1,2,4 are supported and I have them in 2 and 4 as the MSI motherboard suggested

CorsairCMW16GX4M2C3200C16 ver5.322133MHz3200MHz3200 MHzSK hynix C1.35vSINGLE8GB√ | √ | √

Support For MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

My games are on the second m.2 and the windows installation is on the first m.2 drive 

0 Likes

It is worth resetting the BIOS as you changed the CPU.  

I did this when I upgraded from a 2700x to a 3700x on the same motherboard.   

Do the full reset by removing the battery, shorting the CLR CMOS jumper, waiting 1 minute then re-inserting the battery.  

Try leaving the RAM at default speed after this and then testing it via gaming.  

Use the XMP profile if it is stable then.  

This will help you to eliminate things that are causing it to crash.  

0 Likes
kkimic
Adept I

Welcome to the club. I have had similar problems since November on 3900X and X570i Aorus. BIOS F4 seems the one that works better with longer time between BSOD. Still a lot of BSOD. Going through RMA and back to Intel if I can.

0 Likes

This will be my last attempt, if it fails I will move to a Nv card . My supplier has already agreed to take the card back.

0 Likes