cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

DragemD
Journeyman III

Ryzen 9 5900x hardware error, BSOD, random restart, crashes

I would think that a new processor would last more then 3 years but apparently not. 

I purchased this new on Nov 15, 2021 and since April of 2024 I have had ever worsening hardware errors with the processor. 

I have eliminated every other option both hardware and software. 

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 124
Parameter 1: 0
Parameter 2: ffff980b6f206020
Parameter 3: baa00000
Parameter 4: 80b
OS version: 10_0_22631
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.22631.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

LKD_0x124_0_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_Bus_PRV_BANK1B_MSCOD0000_MCACOD080B_PCC_UC_IMAGE_AuthenticAMD.sys

0 Likes
16 Replies
DragemD
Journeyman III

This is a continuation of this thread from last month. https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/amd-ryzen-9-5900x-bsod-on-idle-no-issue-during-normal-use-or...

I have run CMOS, Uninstalled Norton as it was also causing issues. I have run all the below checks. 

• Ran Windows Memory Test for ram and no issues.

• Ran Malwarebytes, no issue.

• Ran virus scan, no issues.

• Ran Cinebench CPU multi core test (70*c max temp) Score 1114 with default 2024 being 1189

• Ran Cinebench GPU test ( 73*c max temp) Score 15465 with a default of 15959

• Idle temps both seem normal.

• Reinstalled Windows using the most recent repair edition. 

report.jpg

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

DragemD, please make several Minidumps available for review. Be sure you have the latest AMD software from here. John.

0 Likes
DragemD
Journeyman III

This link has a few from yesterday before the CMOS and before a complete reinstall of windows. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-performance/bsod-and-constant-crashes-c...

This is the mindump from today. I forced a BSOD because I had no minidump folder. I had to recheck that it was windows was making DMP files. So not sure if it has anything new in it. 

Onedrive is down so here is a Dropbox

0 Likes

I should add that Norton was causing some issues in the older DMP files and its already been completely removed. The system still crashed afterwards. 

0 Likes

DragemD, I cannot get the files due to MS nonsense. Will try later. Are you using the latest AMD software from HERE? John.

0 Likes
DragemD
Journeyman III

AMD chipset software installation failed. 

Todays minidump on onedrive

Both AMD Chipset install fail reports

0 Likes

DragemD, where did you DL the drivers, please give link to files? What a mess. The minidump is a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Thanks, John.

EDIT: List all your parts!

EDIT2: What OS?

0 Likes

Google captia keeps failing. Had to switch to another browser. 

So I got the drivers from the AMD link above. 

Here are specs

spec.jpg

0 Likes

Dont think it matters but the Q-Code on the MB is 9E and bios is set to UEFI as listed. I read something about changing that but its been working for almost 3 years so.... 

Problems only started about 2 months ago. 

0 Likes

DragemD, I need you to post the link to the drivers you DLed. John.

0 Likes

DragemD, please open Control Panel and click on Uninstall a Program. Find the AMD programs and post a screenshot. Should look like this:

0ef dump.png

 Thanks, John.

0 Likes

Thanks for keeping track of me. The program that you linked to did all the driver suggestions and downloads automatically. 

drivers.jpg

I dont see any on the Uninstall list. 

uninstall.jpg

Its getting late here so Ill catch up with you tomorrow. Thanks again for the help. 

0 Likes

Thanks, DragemD, I will spend some time on this today. John.

0 Likes

DragemD, the strange thing is I do not see any AMD software in your Control Panel image. There is a number of MB vendor applications and I am suspicious of them. I think it is time to get to a ground state and see if that fixes your problems. I suggest you do a fresh install of Windows including formatting your C: disk. After installation is complete, go to the AMD site and install the drivers you need. Install the AV you use but nothing from the MB vendor. See how your system runs, then install some of your applications and do some testing along the way. Do NOT install anything from the MB vendor. Let me know what you think. Thanks, John.

0 Likes

Open a AMD SUPPORT - WARRANTY ticket and see if they believe you need to RMA your processor if it is less than 3 years old: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

Also run MEMTEST86 to make sure you don't have any defective RAM Memory sticks installed that might have gone bad.

0 Likes
DragemD
Journeyman III

Ill run the Memtest86 but I also got an SSD warning today about the C: reliability is degraded. 

Just keeps getting worse and worse. 

0 Likes