cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

MRWN
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 7700x

hi, so i just got the ryzen 7 7700x and when i was playing valorant a more of a cpu based game temps were at 98-99C and was wondering if i should upgrade my cooler or if this is fine sometimes, im using the lian li galahad aio 240, if i do need to upgrade what should i get budget is 130$, should i get an arctic freezer II 240 or a deepcool ak620 wh.

PC specs:

ryzen 7 7700x 

4070ti

deepcool 850W 80+

asus prime x670-p

lian li galahad aio 240

corsair vengeance ddr5 

lian li lancool mesh 2

980 pro 1TB

0 Likes
6 Replies
MRWN
Journeyman III

forgot to also add the fact that when im in the menu screen its at 95C

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I think you have a busted AIO.

I would doublecheck mounting, thermal paste, if there's any plastic peel on the block.
And finally checking if the pump is working as it should.

Open your sidepanel and change pump speed, listen carefully. Check if the liquid is flowing, touch both tubing from the block to radiator, one should be colder than the other.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

i just checked again the temp now is at 80 when im on the menu screen, abt what u said only the parts that are closer to the fan are kinda cold but the part thats just a bit further is room temp, ill try again when my room is colder again, ty.

0 Likes

yeah so one of tubes is hot while the other one is cold

0 Likes

Any update?

0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

There is no problem with your cooler, neither your CPU, you just need to undervolt it. I am running my 7900X with a dual fan tower cooler Arctic freezer. I get you should be perfectly fine with your current cooling solution!

0 Likes