Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

blearmoon
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 7700x Optimization for FL Studio PC Build

Hello to everyone!

Three months ago, I built my sound design studio PC from carefully selected parts after conducting thorough research to create the ultimate FL Studio setup. So far, I am very happy with the results, especially the workflow. I’ve managed to achieve a state where I don’t have to worry about how many heavy plugins are running in multichannel, and that’s great. However, I feel the rendering speeds supposed be faster in my setup. While I render my mix, the CPU usage is only around 10-13%, while the temperatures remain pretty normal at around 65-70°C.

Am I missing something? I think I might need to create an undervolting profile for the CPU to optimize overclocking for FL Studio, but my technical knowledge is limited in this area. Please help.

My setup:

ASRock X670E Pro RS
Ryzen 7 7700X
Crucial Pro 16GB (2x8GB) 5200MHz
Crucial T700 Gen5 1TB NVMe, 12.5 GB/s
No Graphic Card
I invested everything into SSD/mobo/CPU since I don’t play games on this build and 521mb of integrated vram is enoutgh tp run fl studio and retro games that I like.

0 Likes
3 Replies
432hz
Challenger

Hello,

If rendering in FL Studio is a single thread/core process, then 10-13% CPU usage would be expected (see screenshot of Cinebench single core running on my 12600k). You can see that the 1 thread/core being used is at 100%, but the overall CPU usage is just around 10%. AFAIK, applications/processes have to be specifically designed to use multiple cores (oversimplified explanation, but that's the gist of it).

Here is an undervolting tutorial for Ryzen 7000: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOYYHNGlLs

cinebench-single-core.PNG

0 Likes
blearmoon
Journeyman III

here is mt task manager while rendering heavy project, does that mean only half of the cores beeing utilized here?
thanks
image_2024-06-02_223108868.png

0 Likes

i also noticed than graphs up and down shapes looks a lot like ones from gpu usage monitoring from adrenalin software

0 Likes