cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pvzpvzpvz
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 7700 with Integrated Graphics shows no display

I used the computer normally on Friday, but on Saturday morning it started beeping when I turned it on and no display was shown. I'm in a small office with 5 PCs, this is the server for the ERP application.

MB is an Asus Prime 620M-E, 2x16GB Crucial DDR5-4800, PSU Corsair 650M, stock cooler.

Beep pattern is 1 long 3 short - GPU problem

I tried: a different PSU, installing a Nvidia 1060 I had laying around, reseating the CPU (didn't see any damaged pins). Problem persists with the same beeping when I power the PC on. Can't access BIOS to check which GPU is active since I have no display .

Only thing I couldn't try was a new motherboard since it's the only AM5 I have here, the other 4 PCs are all AM4.

PC boots normally into windows after the beeps and can be seen online on other PCs on the network.

How sure can I be it's a motherboard related issue?

0 Likes
4 Replies
pvzpvzpvz
Journeyman III

Actually, I'm not seeing it on other PCs on the network anymore. I'm screwed.

0 Likes

pvzpvzpvz, that because it is not running-failed to boot. Do a Clear CMOS and try again. John.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

pvzpvzpvz, have you done the obvious; a new GPU. Have you tried the iGPU? Post all your components. John.

0 Likes
pvzpvzpvz
Journeyman III

I did try 2 different GPUs I had here, got the same error (1 long 3 short). The iGPU is what was being used the last 8 months with no hiccups whatsoever.

Now I done f*** up my motherboard CPU pins reseating the CPU a few times.

Ordered a new one.

Should've tried clearing CMOS, I was so blinded with despair I forgot to try that.

My only hope is that the CPU isn't fried.

0 Likes