cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

girop
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 7 3700x Temperatures

For this time i trust in you.. i'm going to buy the Asus TUF Gaming Plus, what do you Think about?

0 Likes
jamesx380fx
Elite

This video should help you decide feature wise when it comes to Asus Boards. Honestly you should probably wait for the B550 boards even if you dont plan to buy them (this should also give you some time to wait for more mature Bios versions), Ive seen the leaked specs for it and i kinda like the fact that for its price, some of them actually have heatpipes on the VRM heatsinks, the only downside to the B550 is that it uses PCI-E 3.0 instead of 4.0. Though if you do see an x570 board that you like for a decent price this coming hollidays then i say go for it.

Something else you should be aware of when moving from x370 to x570 is performance, You may or may not experience this (i did, when i tested my 3900x on both a Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5 and then on to my MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi) but funnilly enough your Ryzen 3000 proccessor may perform better on an x370 than on the x570, at first i didnt know why it was doing this on my 3900x but then i found out it was because the Less powerfull VRMs on my x370 was just way more efficient than the more powerfull but less efficient ones on my new x570 lol, only downside being the VRMs on the x370 board just runs significantly hotter with my 3900x so it was still better to use x570 on it in the end.

Should also check This out first if you plan on buying a PCI-E Gen4 NVME drive

girop
Adept I

Hello, thank you for your answer... In the end i've choose to buy the Asus TUF X570-Plus Gaming... it seems a Good motherboard... i've decided to  assemble a second system with R7 1700 and the x370 pro Gaming carbon... tomorrow i will test the R7 3700x with the new motherboard (i found it on e-price, from 299€ to 222€). I hope in better performance and not to experience the vrm problem Ahahah on the web i've read Good things on variuos reviews

0 Likes
girop
Adept I

Hello, i'm here to update you… I've installed the TUF Gaming X570-plus. Now my temperatures are: Idle 38°C, load 79°C...

The most relevant data are the Performance:

MSI x370 -> 4621 on Cinebench R20

Asus X570 -> 4881 on Cinebench R20

All this without formatting, only a driver erase.. For me is a good perfomance jump

0 Likes
jamesx380fx
Elite

Those Temps look pretty much in line with what most people using the Wraith Cooler are getting so your temps look to be fine. From those scores Looks like the TUF gaming has better VRMs than i thought, it actually does infact have better VRMs than what i have on my MSI x570 Pro Carbon Wifi, only reason i didnt get one was at the time i was buying parts, everything else was out of stock and MSI Had a promo for theirs that included a free 240 AIO haha.

Also another thing you can change to lower your temps even more is the power plan, Just Edit the AMD Ryzen Balanced Power plan that shows up after you install the new chipset drivers and change the minimum processor state to 85% (the lower the minium, the lower your idle voltage and proc state) and leave the Maximum to 100%. you can Lower the minimum even more if you want to further lower your idle voltages but your gonna start noticing lower perfomance under load if you do, cause the lower the minimum state your CPU is at, the longer it is for that CPU reach its max boost Speeds (you can actually test this out with CB R20 and change your PowerPlan the way you want it), 85% was what i and other early Ryzen3000 users found to be the sweet spot.

I actually just switch power Profiles depending on white im currently doing, if im just watching movies or browsing the net/downloading something then i switch to Power Saving mode, and if my doing something that needs more power and performance like blender, Handbrake or gaming , then i just switch to my modified Ryzen Power Plan that has the 85% minimum proc state.

0 Likes
girop
Adept I

Thank you for this tips, i will search my perfect Combination!! For the most time i develop software with Visual Studio or php Web App… in the remaining time… hard gaming ahah So I need a lot of power for compile (in human time) big softwares… for this I use Ryzen, it is much faster than concurrency

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Hardware Unboxed also did in depth VRM testing for each of the X570 boards in each price tier (Except the Crosshair VIII Formula which would be on top easily) and found that pretty much every MSI board below the Godlike did very poorly on VRMs and are basically hot garbage. The ASUS TUF and Prime X570 boards do extremely well with VRM temperatures. The prime is a better choice over the TUF however for the best mid to low end board VRM performance. But, he does recommend the TUF over the Prime because of board features since the VRM performance is still great.

2019.09.27-16.40.png

girop
Adept I

This sound great! For now i'm very satisfaced of my TUF for performance, temperatures and power consumption... i want to tune a little bit my power plan to find the right Balance. However, this article is very instresring! I've never seen before a thing like this.

0 Likes