cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Jazzinplayer
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

@CrispyCrunch wrote:

@mickyfin wrote:

Can only pass on some experience I had in that once had a similar issue and it was the graphics card not seated perfectly so when I went an played certain games I would get blue screened. A gentle push resolved this. 

The only other thing I would suggest is your power supply is this supplying enough under load so do you have all the power connectors plugged into the Motherboard. Worth checking they are all seated correct as well. Hope things work out for you doing a rebuild is a pain.

In my error searching process I've removed and re-inserted the graphics card several time, don't think this is the issue.

The system is running stable under load, so I don't think it's a power supply issue. Crashes mostly happend in idle or during internet surfing.

Will start a ticket at mainboard manufacturer and AMD directly anyways. Not having the boost options is no permanent solution.

Yo @CrispyCrunch check my latest update to my post, I tried to tag you. Might sound interesting to you

0 Likes
timber77
Journeyman III

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution
Processor Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™

this motherboard does not officially support 5000 processors. Only there is a BIOS firmware that does not work

0 Likes
Jazzinplayer
Adept II

Jump to solution

Yo @CrispyCrunch  I found the solution to my problem. Check it out on my thread, it was some cable extensions I was using, at the end PSU related. 

But I wanted to tell you to check out your gpu installation, it might sound dumb but believe me, this might be your problem.

The shield thing they added to the GPU slot is very tricky, not sure your MSI board has it but check this **bleep** out. You might think GPU is properly inserted but many times is not. There is a double lock system on this design and you gotta make sure is actually locked on both ends. 
I noticed it because my gtx 1060 worked well but my 2080 didn't. The 2080s has a thicker pcb and it's tricky, you insert the card and the right lock pops/clicks and you think is fine. But on the left there is a 1/20 of an inch left to push in and lock the other bracket. Check the picture and push as you would with a DDR4 stick.

The thick shield thing they added is pretty tricky, will make you think GPU is OK but is not, also check your PSU/Cables. Detailed info on my pos

tmb_locking.jpg

0 Likes
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Jump to solution

So playing with my 3600X issue I found an older post on here relating to FCLK issues. Basically AMD "advertises" the Ryzen 3000's can run 1866 Infinity Fabric and the "sweet spot" is 3733mhz RAM. Well 3600mhz/1800 IF is where I was running after being "locked" in via a **bleep**ty BIOS for 4 months or so. Then AsRock updated and I was able to finally get my RAM to run what I thought was correctly at 3733/1866 IF, with custom RAM timings needed from Dram Calc to get get out of gear, because initially it was slower than the 3600! 

Here I've ben complaining about the VRM of AsRock ,which is a pile of crap but should handle a 3600X. So after researching WHEA 19, Kernel Power System 41's to the tune of 83 over 3 months I missed and having a 4101 last night, I did some more research. Long story short is I put my RAM back to 3600/1800 IF, used my old custom timings I had for that and poof no errors in 4.5 hours of BF4 with the GPU OC'ed at 157FPS average. Not one error in the Event Viewer. Prior to that i ran OCCT for an hour and no error where I got 1 the other day.

Point for you, I researched the 5900X and AMD's "advertised" Infinity Clock(FCLK) and it's an incredibly hard to hit 2000mhz! The article in Tom's Hardware went through hoops and couldn't hit that stable. 1900 wasn't stable but they found settings for a 3950X of 3600mhz CL14-16 RAM with a IF of 1800mhz worked flawlessly! So, until AMD makes the corrected version of the 5900XT, like the 3000 series they made into "XT"'s and they mysteriously work at 1866-1900mhz, check to see if your RAM is running at 3600mhz. Manually set the Infinity Fabric in BIOS to 1800, make sure your RAM timings are in that 16,16,16,16, 30, 46 area, 18 is ok too, voltage around 1.35-1.40 or what your box says, should work, manually do it not DOCP. Try SOC volts of 1.10, PBO on, and the LLC to "3" or the middle and you should run fine. Performance should easily top a 3950X as well.

From what I read these 5000 Series run pretty much identical to the 3000 series before the "XT". The exception is AMD recommends using a 280mm AIO vs. an air cooler. 360mm's are inefficient in testing, probably need better pumps or need to be wider. Try Gskill RAM if your Crucial isn't cutting it. 

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes
guoyn123
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

My system crashes WHEA-Logger ID 18 when playing games. It can pass AIDA64 test but crashes ramdomly.

Ryzen 5800x

Gskill 8G*2 C18 3600

MSI B550M mortar

I am searching for the solution for a long time. I seems to have fixed it by the solution from this Chinese post.

https://www.chiphell.com/thread-2274174-1-1.html

According to this post, some AMD 5000s CPUs cannot be stable in FLCK 2000. 

My CPU is a lucky one and worse. The system gets lots of WHEA-Logger ID 19 warning and crashes WHEA-Logger ID 18 when FLCK setting is AUTO in BIOS. After setting FLCK to 1600 manually, the system stop getting  WHEA-Logger ID 19.

0 Likes
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Jump to solution

We've been talking about this issue for a few days now. That's what I told him in my post. To set it all manually. Welcome to the forum.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes
jaydeejoy
Elite

Jump to solution

i had same problem with 3900x on Asus Tuf X570 Gaming Plus (random restart error kernel power)
lastest ALL drivers 

Chipset
windows      UP THE DATE
GPU

i had     2*8 (16Gb)   corsair 3600
SB Clock Spread      Disable

XMP ON   3600mhz 

Permormance E. - Level 3 (OC)
in this settings , everything was ok
no restart

when i get 4*8 (32GB) 
Pc crashed restarting 7-8 times in a day Kernel Power error
i thought it s PSU problem than i bought new Psu ( Corsair RM 850)
but unfortunetly i had same restart and KErnel Power issue.
i tryed all combos
xmp on/off
default bios settings.
No OC etc etc.

than Finally i tryed ALL OLD BIOS versions
cos ASUS in Trouble with x570 Stability
They Reales new bios every month.
in this case

there s new beta bios , 2812 beta  2802

ALL 2800's BIOS have same restart problem in this settings

4*8 (32GB) Ram
DEFAULT BIOS 

XMP     ON / OFF
SB Clock Spread      Disable /Enable / Auto

Performance Enc.    Auto / Default / Level 1 /2 / 3

i used old Bios  2607 in 2 weeks. just 1 time i had kernel power restart issue.

after this restart i instaled new beta  2816 bios.
in 2 days i have no any restart (xmp on/ performance Level 1)
but 2816 beta bios is not stabile

sometimes PC starting low clock speed (0,533 mhz ( 3-4 cores)

when u change POWER PLAN 

AMD HİGH tO  AMD BALANCE
or AMD BALANCE to AMD HİGH
its fixng LOV CLOCK SPEED

than all cores work same speeds

i think 
This is Bios and Chipset Driver ISSUE

i had 3700 x before 3900x
3700x has some low clock speed problem, like a few cores on 0.533 mhz.
it was a chipset driver issue
when i install LASTest  AMD Chipset Driver i never seen this issue again.

0 Likes
cashby
Adept II

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing this issue with my 5900X. Same event log issues

Mainboard: ASRock X570 Taichi
Mainboard-BIOS: Update AMD AGESA ComboAM4v2 1.1.0.0 Patch C
CPU: Ryzen 5900x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4 x 8GB 3600Mhz
Drive: M.2 Adata SBX 1TB
Graphics: MSI 1080Ti
PSU: Corsair RM650X
Chipset driver: 10.0.19041.546

I had one blue screen where PC was just sitting on a web browser. My main issues is when gaming though. i can play maybe 10 - 15 mins of gaming and then the game will crash. Has experienced this issue on Fortnite and Mafia 3 using epic launcher and steam. 

Ive run every benchmark testing suite and havent experienced any issues with those, 3D mark, Cinebench, MemTest, PCMark - system breezes through it with no issues. MEMtes went for 4 hours but found no errors. 

i reseated the GPU and checked all my cabling - this is my first every PC build. I am using cable extenders for pure aesthetics. Formula Mod branded. 

After the Mem test - I turned off XMP and manually set speeds and voltages to get 3600MHz. 

I played again last night but didn't have any crashes. If it crashes again I'll remove the extenders and see if this helps. 

Im not sure where in BIOS i turn off the CBP or PBO for Asrock? what do these stand for? 

Thanks

0 Likes
mrsense
Adept II

Jump to solution

Instead of turning the XMP off,  try lowering the RAM speed to 3200 mhz with tighter timings.  Lowering the RAM speed to 3200 mhz also lowers the infinity fabric to 1600 mhz which can possibly stablize your system.

tim716
Adept II

Jump to solution

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/ryzen-5800x-system-crashing-into-reboot-while-under-gaming-l...

Please read my post here. It's (probably) helped me, it can help you if you have the same issue.

0 Likes