cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

RYZEN5660H
Journeyman III

ryzen 5 6600h reaches 100.1 degree celsius

every game i play. it causes the CPU to reache 100 degree celsius in no time. laptop has thermal constraints but i am surprised why CPU performance does not throttle at that point. should i worry about it? my gpu never exceeds 86 degree celsius limit so my laptop thermals are not that bad.

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

RYZEN5660H, we know nothing about your PC, so impossible to even guess what the problem may be, if any. The maximum temperature for your processor is 95C, but since we do not know what you are measuring the temperature with we're at a loss. Please tell us about LT and post a screenshot of the temperature. Contact the maker and ask them how to measure the temperature and what the problem may be. You could try installing a trial copy of AIDA64 and post a screenshot. Get the "AIDA64 Extreme Trial version, self-installing EXE package" here. I am assuming you are running Windows. John.

RYZEN5660H
Journeyman III

it shows on techpowerup gpu-z. my laptop is lenovo ideapad gaming 3 6660h variant. i think people at amd are smart enough but i do want to know if temps like this will cause the processor before 10 year mark.

0 Likes

I believe I found your laptop driver download page from Lenovo Support: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/gaming-series/ideapad-gaming-3-15ar...

NOTE: Input you laptop serial number to verify it is the correct driver download page then update all the drivers in your laptop.

Download the Lenovo Hardware Maintenance Manual that explains your laptop warranty and how to disassemble the laptop: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/gaming-series/ideapad-gaming-3-15ar...

To answer your question concerning temperatures according to TechPowerUp Specs on the Ryzen 6600H Mobile processor it has a Maximum Operating Temperature of 95c.

The means the processor can run safely up to 95c before it starts to automatically throttle or slow down to keep the temperature at or below 95c.

If you run your Laptop processor above 95c constantly it will shorten the life span of the processors depending on how hot you run it above 95c and for how long. 

If you processor is running at 100c then you need to troubleshoot your laptop to see why. 

1- First thing I would check is to make sure the laptop's fans are working and the input/output air vents aren't clogged with dirt and dust and you feel hot air being ejected out of the output air vent. 

In the Lenovo Hardware Maintenance Manual the fans are named the Thermal Modules.

After cleaning out the vents and verifying the laptop's fans are working at maximum speed and your continue to have temps above 100c then you can check your Laptop's BIOS Settings to see if there are any settings that is overclocking your processor or you can change the TDP of the processor's wattage from its default TDP Rating to a lower TDP wattage to make it run cooler if applicable. Some processors you can't change the TDP rating on it.

2- Run your laptop's Lenovo Diagnostics and see if it indicates any issues with your laptop hardware or software.

3- You can see if a laptop Cooling Pad helps lower your laptop's temperature or not.

4- If the laptop is still under Warranty then I would open a LENOVO WARRANTY Ticket to have them check it out to see why it is running so hot. I wouldn't open your laptop if it is still under warranty to avoid possibly voiding your Lenovo Warranty by accident.

0 Likes