Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

spookslam
Adept I

Ryzen 5 3600 on an MSI B450M Mortar. High temperatures

Hi,

I got these two 3 days ago. CPU temperatures seemed high to me. Idle in windows, cpu temp randomly jumps from 42c to 50s and 60s. I tested running Prime95 with blended settings. Temp was fixed to 55c. Then I tried smallest ffts. CPU temp jumped 84c in 30-40 seconds. I tested with AeroCool Likai240 water cooler. Is there a problem or running at these temps is normal for this cpu?

0 Likes
40 Replies
misterj
Exemplar

Re: Ryzen 5 3600 on an MSI B450M Mortar. High temperatures

spookslam, the AMD Processor Specifications do not contain 'Max Temps' for Ryzen 3, so until we hear differently I assume that AMD is convinced that the control code running in the processor can deal with the temperature.  I hope someone from AMD will clear this up soon - I have opened a Ticket.  In general with all Ryzens, temperatures jumping around is normal - we are told.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
spookslam
Adept I

Thank you, John. I'll be waiting to hear the news too.

0 Likes
mlxg56
Adept I

i have a similar problem

https://community.amd.com/thread/241034 

is ur r5 also permanetly in boost?

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

spookslam, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  Just learned that RM contains the maximum temperature specification.

mlxg56,  I think I have asked you for a screenshot of RM also and did not get it.  If you will post it in your thread, I will take a look.  Site unseen, I think you need to a Clear CMOS using instructions in your User Manual and stop any messing around in BIOS including any OC applications running!

Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
spookslam
Adept I

No. Mine is dynamically jumping up an down generally from 3300mhz to 4125/4200mhz. I get generally around 45c-52c browsing. It sometimes exceeds 52c going up like 60c-69c.

0 Likes
spookslam
Adept I

Here is my Ryzen Master screen shot. 

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
spookslam
Adept I

I also found this in the MSI Command Center.Maximum TDP value is shown as 128.

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

spookslam, your RM look fine.  I do not believe in MB Vendor applications and your AMD Processor specification says TDP is 65 Watts.  I strongly recommend you uninstall MSI Command Center!  Your RM Peak Speed 678 MHz looks silly and I think needs to be reported to AMD Online Support.  Make sure you are running the latest RM version, 2.0.0.1192, then please open a ticket and supply the RM screenshot.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
spookslam
Adept I

Peak Speed changes every single second. You can see 400mhz one second and other second 4127mhz, the other second 2120mhz. It is not fixed or stable. Changes continuously. I have just installed Ryzen Master, so probably running the latest version.

0 Likes