cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

NateNex
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2500u very low perfomance..

Hi. For about a year on my ideapad 330-15arr ryzen 5 2500u + radeon 540 I have had huge performance issues. I found that the CPU has tdp blocked significantly (not even exceeding 12w). The processor freezes at 1.58 ghz when performing simple activities. I tried to unlock it but I have no ideas anymore. I also wrote to Lenovo but they ignored this problem saying that "this laptop is not for games" and that the laptop has problems with 1080p video support because the processor, when it exceeds about 50c, simply turns on throttling. I tried to unlock it in AMD AATU tuning utility and ryzen controller but to no avail. Today there was even a problem with turning it on. When turning on, the laptop sometimes has temperature spikes. (It was cleaned, etc.), today it exceeded the level of throttling, so I couldn't even turn it on and I had to turn off the dedicated graphics in the bios because it generated heat above 50c. There were posts on the Lenovo forum about it but Lenovo ignored it so I am writing it here. This throttling makes it completely impossible to use the product. Are there solutions for me or can amd do something about it? Many people, even on the Lenovo forum, threatened to sue because it is simply a scam and a waste of money ... I tried to bear this problem until today. Even though the 95c is the maximum temperature and in the laptop throttling at 70c, the lenovo chose the 50c perfectly suitable value and I just can't do anything about it. Again - can you help me and other users of this laptop? Please. The drivers are updated (Both from lenovo and from AMD although lenovo still has a download link for radeon crimson on the site even though it is outdated) Lenovo is just ignoring problems with cheaper products. I hope that you can help me because all my attempts to repair have failed ...
Specifications:
AMD Radeon 540 + Vega 8
Ryzen 5 2500U
2x4 GB RAM 2333 MHz.
256 gb ssd sata.
Windows 10.
When I saw the performance of these components on HP laptops, it really looks decent. On the lenovo laptop in the cinebench r23 the score does not exceed 2000. I turned on turbo boost but processor still stuck at 1.58. Regards.

0 Likes
0 Replies